12

Of all the moments that Jyn saw flashing before her mind's eye, they were just images that she could neither assign to them nor did she feel any emotion. They could have been completely different moments that had nothing to do with her. In the end the same thing would have come out as it does now.

"How many times you made me furious and I wanted to kill you because of it.......," Lucifer kissed Jyn once more with a grin, stroked her face and looked at her with her head tilted to the side, "...... at least as often as you would have liked to see me lying on the ground, if not dead. Otherwise it would be boring, too. You know now why you belong to me and to no one else."

"No one would put up with you forever. When provoked, you behave like a little child who just doesn't get what he wants and becomes unbearable. But the real terror starts when you don't get your will or you are in a bad mood. An adult looking little kid," yet Jyn Lucifer's smile began to return, rubbing his thumb along his ear and recognizing that expression from somewhere, "Yes, and I mean daring to know how you caused that particular argument between two people...... I was one of the people involved, by the way, the other one...... uh, I can't think of...... seems unimportant..... Was it for revenge, pleasure or did you want to see me suffer?"

"One and two hits, I didn't care about you at all", despite what Lucifer just said to Jyn, his hands wandered down to her hip, whereupon she put her hands on Lucifer's neck and ran her fingertips over his neck, "An unplanned consequence of this, you were to me. I did not want you."

"What a pity. I am infinitely sorry for you. I really am. Unbelievably sorry," she mockingly emphasized every syllable, then theatrically put her hand on his chest and opened her mouth in surprise, "Instead of lying, as you usually like to do, you tell me directly to my face, directly, how unpleasant it actually was for you to get to know me. Wow, how hurtful that is."

Pure enthusiasm spread across Lucifer's face, and at the same moment he put his hands on her neck and bent down towards her, but Jyn pushed him away half an arm's length and returned his victoriously rich smile that was visible on his face. This game could just as well be played in pairs. Again Lucifer bent down to her, but this time she put an index finger on his lips while trying to kiss her, instead he took her finger in his mouth to bite gently on it.

"You want something," Lucifer sighed in disappointment, took his hands off her neck and put two fingers under her chin to lift it, "What is it?"

"You know very well", if he wanted to believe there was something, then he should believe it and change it, he would hardly be able to, "And if not, find out. You claim to know me, so it shouldn't be difficult for you. would it?"

"I'd bet on myself," that was high-level narcissism, which Lucifer put into his day and added, as he said, as if nothing else were in question, "Come on. You, me, a little fun. There's time for everything else. Should I beg you to say yes? Just say yes to Lucifer. We both know you want it."

"I say no", the higher someone flies, the deeper the fall and thus the impact, in his, the damper he has just been given, "We'll just wait and see what the coming days bring. So shoo shoo, go to work or just do whatever it is you do. Something will come to your mind."

"Your current self is so.....", he interrupted himself in the moment when Jyn pulled up an eyebrow and scratched his neck with his fingernail, "I wanted to say...... you are.....".

"Now you start to shut up", good to know, Jyn thought and bit her left cheek where she started to nod, "After you already told me how much you wanted to give up my presence. I'll remember it for the future."

"Now the words in my mouth are already turned around, as I usually like to do. I don't believe it," he drove helplessly over his head, looked up looking for help, until something came into his mind that was centuries ago "I entrusted you with a blade for a reason. Shall be sign enough for you."