10

When I was little, my father said to me that the sea was something like an evasion. In the course of time, I also had to learn that it holds great secrets and is therefore able to keep mine. And that, like love, it is unfathomably powerful and sometimes violent inside. But first and foremost the sea is a barrier that separates you from those you love.

In a bar a block away, Jyn let herself sink exhausted onto one of the benches in the back of the room, hoping fervently to be able to end the day in complete peace. No more surprises; no more ghosts of the past, of the supposed ones, and no more people who wanted to make her believe a completely strange life.

Maybe there were a few years that Jyn couldn't remember, but it couldn't be that all of a sudden, in a very short time, people appeared and wanted to tell her something about a life that was almost impossible. Just the fact that she was supposed to be dead was weird, but then there was the point with the Bible. Someone, hundreds of years ago, thought to make up a story about a God and his deeds, write it down and sell it as true. Most sold book ever, just by the way. And the worst thing about it was that people, at least some of them, believed in what was written in this superfluous book.

"We'll drink to that," Lucifer, visibly in a positive mood, placed a glass of clear liquid and ice on the wooden plate in front of Jyn and sat down opposite her with a brown filled one, "As well as to your imminent return..... Caipirinha, since you were about to ask."

"Of course I drink from what you just put in front of my nose. Probably not. Who knows what you've got there......," but Lucifer took her glass, took a sip and shoved it back in its place, "..... and now you drank from it. You can keep it."

"Like that ever bothered you before. There was far worse. Come on. You must remember something, it can't all be gone," but Jyn started smiling painfully and looked at Lucifer apologetically, which made him realize that none of this was a joke, "It's all gone. Wow, someone did a great job. Congratulations to you guys up there. You did good. Did a great job. Be extremely proud of yourselves."

"You're taking it very personally. Why?", on the one hand Jyn was interested to know what Lucifer would answer but on the other hand, it could make things a lot worse, so she silently watched Lucifer waving his glass, taking a puff and shaking it, looking at his glass, shaking her head, "Whether it's anger, resentment, grief or disappointment, maybe all of them together, but I bet you all confuse me. I am not the one you all thought was dead. It's quite possible that I just look like her. These things happen. It's also possible that I have a twin sister and she's dead. There is certainly a logical and rational explanation. There must be."

"Slowly I'm beginning to think you're dead, too," Lucifer replied coolly, stood up and tapped the empty glass twice on the table, "Have a nice evening. I think you should forget that we met. It's better that way."

If knife wounds felt like what Jyn had just felt, it was not a pleasant feeling. Not by a long shot.

At the end of the street stood Lucifer and with him, two hellhounds, who at his command rushed at Jyn, who had just come out of the bar.

From St. Louis, where a small incident with a banshee had occurred, the plan was to go on to Minneapolis, as planned in St. Louis. An old friend of Bobby's and also a hunter, had contacted us three days ago and asked for help because an avoidable ghost haunting Minneapolis was not ghostly. Salt and holy water could do nothing and even burning the remains had no effect. It couldn't hurt, Sam thought, and the day after the call, Dean, Sam and Castiel set off for Minneapolis.

"They met," Castiel said out of nowhere, and it couldn't have been more incoherent as he looked incessantly forward through the windshield from the back seat, "After all this time, they finally meet again."

"Who has found himself Cass?", since Castiel knew the answer, of course, he turned his head to Sam and just looked at him without answering, "Cass?"

"Lucifer has found her," uncomprehending and at once meaningless looks were the consequence, which Sam and Dean exchanged as soon as Lucifer's name was mentioned, and it was also the consequence of Castiel's guessing and never getting to the point, "The girl who introduced herself to us as Jyn, back in that non-existent town called Berkley Creed. Lucifer has finally found her."

"Finally?!," Dean perplexedly followed up and gave his brother, who seemed to feel the same way he did, "Why do you make it sound like you hoped he would find her? No one attached to his life wants to be found by Lucifer. Who wants to be found and then by one of the most evil beings that ever existed? Whoever made her disappear wanted her out of danger for sure. Safe from him, then."

"Dean, she belongs with him," Dean immediately stepped on the brakes at Castiel's words and turned to his angel friend, as did Sam, "Where else would her injuries on her right arm come from? Simple dogs are not capable of such injuries. Hellhound, on the other hand, can."

"How nice that you're starting to talk slowly," Dean felt an increasing tension as a meeting with Lucifer was the last thing he wanted, "A Demon, then, just as Sammy predicted all along."

"Not a Demon," again Castiel denied it, not sure if the two had ever listened to him, "Their decision has left someone up there quite disappointed. Many considered it disrespectful as well as disloyal but not what it really was."