17

This long awaited reunion, which was inevitable and would have happened sooner or later anyway, was definitely going to be different. It had been better in his imagination. No abrupt getting up or leaving the café, so that he was now sitting alone at the table. In the beginning they would have just kept quiet, but not that she just left without changing a word. So much must have happened in the meantime, since their last meeting.

More than excited about the failed meeting of the two, Lucifer joined the man, trying to suppress his enormous joy and a chuckle and threw a glance over the page that Jyn had read before.

"Did you think she would welcome you with open arms", the dark-haired man would have preferred to do without Lucifer's mockery and his sneering remarks and that he would have been spared them for the future as well, "Dream on. Have you never wondered why she turned her back on you all, and that was never alone because of me."

"Did you make sure that Balthazar and Horizon spent an eternity in conflict or someone else? As a result, you two spent more and more time together. So the Balthazar thing didn't come as a bad time for you," replied the man most people knew as Chuck, prophet and author of the Supernatural books, the Winchester Gospel, "You made them follow you into hell. What do you want from her?"

"Balthazar got what he deserved, and Horizon, as you call her, was the only one who was not my concern at the time. Even for a long time after that, she was nothing to me. All I cared about was Balthazar," as if it was always just a matter of wanting something, which is why Lucifer began to cough and tapped the tabletop with his index and middle fingers, "Bitter aftertaste, as far as her presence is concerned, is simply the fact that she is a creation of your beloved sister and not yours. You could not destroy your sister, for good, so you locked her away. With the locking away you have it, as is well known, yes, but there still remained her creation. Incredibly kind, you said, just to puke this babbling, thus the complete opposite of Amara, as you believe, and yet it stuck whose daughter she is. We can't do anything for our parents, can we, Dad?"

"For this reason I received her into heaven. Without Amara, without her influence, something good could come out of her," Chuck, or rather God, had been of this opinion decades ago, and now, he was no longer so sure if this was really true, "In the beginning it seemed that way until the two of you started whatever. From day to day I saw more and more of Amara in her. It was obvious that she was her creation. Then the day had to come when she went to you in hell and everything else took its course. I did not want to know where all this would end if she stayed with you. Alone after all that you have achieved. No matter where I would have taken her, you would have shown up with her at some point, as we can see right now, and I couldn't let that happen. I still didn't want to take away her right to live, I just wanted everyone to believe it, and that's why I made sure that she could live a life apart from us, as a human being, and no longer knew anything about the existence of heaven as well as hers. Nothing better could happen to her."

"Better? She still does not know who she was then! You could at least try to undo the damage you have done one thing by giving back all her memory," it would be the least God could do, simply because he alone was responsible for this misery, "We both know what this is all about. It was never about her, but only about punishing me once again. Let us banish the evil Lucifer to hell because he did not want to serve the people and rebelled. His times in hell he should spend alone to think about his deeds and what he has done. Stupid was only for you, someone came and stayed with me down there. So your therapy method had not worked out and a new solution had to be found. Let Lucifer believe that his beloved is dead. Everybody blamed me for her alleged death; I was alone in hell...... No, in the cage, as you had imagined it; she was thus away from me, so that they, like your beloved humans must do, eke out a miserable existence and you got your way. It is over anyway. Her memories are as good as back and she with me, then you can give her the rest of it back right away. Either way, she'll get her life back. Do something right for once!"

In all these years, not a sign of change, not a bit, God sighed, rubbed his palms together and looked briefly over his shoulder at the door that had just fallen into the lock, at Lucifer's departure. Obstinate and stubborn, as always. Some children on earth had more insight than he did. For thousands of years he had had time to grow up and centuries to think about himself and his behavior. But nothing. Even if he should have one more of his enormous outbursts of rage, because Horizon didn't feel the same as before she died, it didn't change anything at all. If what happened between the two of them was really true, Horizon's current condition shouldn't worry him.

In Patterson Park, Jyn sat at a wooden table with two benches, kneaded her hands and fingers and watched the many people by the water and in the park on the meadows around it. Hectic, but by no means panicky, the people ran back and forth, carrying boxes from one place to the next and calling across the heads of others to talk to each other.

"I remember tomorrow all too well, as if it were only yesterday. How much fun it was for the demons. All the dead," Jyn began, as Lucifer sat down with her, looking up at the people who had started to set up tents and booths, "Fourth of July. Independence Day. The signing of the Declaration of Independence. The independence of the 13 colonies. Almost two hundred and fifty years ago and the people still celebrate it. Not like before and with a different intention. Irony of the Goddesses of Fate, Klotho, Lachesis and Atropos, to give me back my old life, just for tomorrow of all days. And yet, and Crowley is right, I am just a shadow of my former self. My time is over, thank God."

"One thing you have forgotten in all this. Queen of Hell. You have always been and will always be. Crowley is nothing more than an insect to be crushed," or infected, it drove Lucifer mad, taking one of Jyn's hands and closing his two, "And if a Demon shouldn't be stupid, he has to know which side to stand on. Besides, you were in hell before all the cockroaches. Claim that right and insist on it. Especially since it's time to put everything back on track. Hey, look at me. Forget about God, okay? You are my queen, the queen of hell, and you have the hellhounds behind you and other creatures of this world. Our one is shrinking day by day. The hunters are killing one by one."

"Sounds almost like there's still an open account, huh?", confidently Jyn Lucifer stroked along the hairline, down to the cheek and left his hand behind his, "I'm far from finished. It has only just begun. We are just beginning to rebuild the field, build and place our army. You are King of Hell, I am completely unimportant, because the demons are your creation. My dogs know who they belong to, why not your demons? If it does not work one way, take another."

Then the game of kings could begin.