05

Why Crowley had appeared here at Berkley Creed out of nowhere and for no apparent reason, Dean didn't even have to ask, as Sam seemed visibly relieved at his appearance. The two hadn't even exchanged a word when Sam had already grabbed his jacket and stepped outside to Crowley to show him something.

"There. The woman there," after quite a while of waiting, during which Crowley slowly became annoyed and tired of waiting, Sam finally pointed to Jyn, who had just left the Sheriff's Department, "Who is she?"

"Well, well, well, the sweetheart is still alive," Crowley replied astounded in his calm tone of voice, at the sight and turn of the fact that made Sam wonder, "Oh, it'll be a pleasure as soon as the word gets out. Have a good time."

"And what does that mean? She's a demon, all right. I knew it," Sam urged the Demon next to him enthusiastically, since he seemed to be right about Jyn from the start, "So who is she?"

"Didn't your angel friend tell you?", Sam could spare himself the answer, since it was written on his face that it wasn't the case and Castiel had said nothing of the sort, "A good advice, among friends. If you care about your pathetic human existence. For once, don't get involved."

"Cass says as long as she doesn't know who she really is, he can't tell," a smile spread across Crowley's face and, scratching his temple, Crowley looked down, though Sam, in his opinion, had said nothing that led to this, "And as soon as she finds out, we'll know."

"She, of all people, doesn't want to know about her existence. No one will buy that," Crowley announced indignantly, snorted once and turned to Sam, who he looked at with a penetrating look, "Maybe your bona fide angel friend might believe it, but I definitely don't. Just because of her story alone. Who knows, maybe she even staged her death. She's not what she seems. Keep me out of everything that affects her. Completely."

Without another word of explanation the King of Hell disappeared and Sam stood alone at the corner of the main street. Even after Crowley's visit, he was just as smart as he was at the beginning an hour and a half ago. The only difference was that now he knew that Crowley knew Jyn, too, and probably only pretty well.

At the motel, Sam told Dean what he had learned about Jyn and about Crowley's reaction when he saw Jyn. So he couldn't tell his big brother much except for the fact that Crowley knew Jyn better than he wanted to say or admit.

"Do you seriously think Jyn belongs to Crowley," Dean asked; reconsidering Sammy's conversation with Crowley, he raised his hand as something made him wonder, "Since when does Crowley not interfere or give us free advice not to interfere without expecting something in return? Couldn't it perhaps even be that the person who is after Jyn is far more powerful than Crowley himself? Castiel knows her, Crowley as well, then even more must know who she is."

"You mean Crowley's scared. Afraid of what she is, who's after her, or who she belongs to?" That was the jumping question, and the answer was probably not given until Jyn had her memory back, if it wasn't too late for that, "We're talking about Crowley here. King of Hell. What or who should he be afraid of, please. There's nothing to be afraid of."

There's always something to be afraid of. Fear was a normal thing.

-------------------
If you have guesses, around Jyn, please feel free to comment. Anything. For example "What she is", "To whom she belongs" ..... All that, gladly in the comments.