13

Jyn began to cough, turned on her back with a booming skull and ran her hand over her neck, as she found it anything but easy to breathe. To her sorrow, she noticed that she was wearing a metal collar and began to jiggle it to loosen it but nothing happened. She could stick her finger about one centimeter into it, but nothing more.

When she sat upright and against the wall, a jingling sound could be heard, which belonged to a chain that was attached to the metal ring around her neck. What kind of God-fucking shit was this?! Some kind of sick game. It was hot, stuffy, and it smelled..... no,it smelled like dead. Like putrefied and vegetated, to put it bluntly. Coughing Jyn took the back of her hand in front of her nose, let her gaze wander in the dimly lit room and then closed her eyes. Everything would be fine. In the end everything would turn out well. Whoever had locked her up here would have to show up every now and then to make sure that she hadn't died miserably in the meantime.

Without realizing it, Jyn must have dozed off at some point and was now awakened by a squeak, like the opening of a heavy metal door. Hardly noticeable she turned her head leaning against the wall towards the open door and looked at the person in the door frame expressionlessly. It was a heavy iron door. Whatever the reason for this bad joke, she did not give the satisfaction of whining and pleading to the person.

"Slept well?", asked a male voice unknown to her, who sounded quite pleased to see Jyn in this state, "Let's see if you're really worth as much as the crowd is making."

"The biggest mistake you could ever make. In your whole pathetic life," Jyn replied soberly, looked back at the wall opposite with the scratch marks and started coughing from the dry heat, "You don't have a clue who I am, can it be?"

"Neither do you, although at least I know who you are. However, I can't decide whether hell- or angel-bitch is the right name for you", there was no other point to be ridden around on, except for the missing memories, "Hell belongs to the demons and not to any fallen angel, which is unwanted in heaven."

"Oh, was daddy evil in his creation? I'm sorry," the exaggerated compassion, which had more to do with mockery, quickly turned into sobriety, "Deal with it."

"Let's tear out your fingernails one by one, followed by your teeth, and finally, let's cut off your tongue," could only be to your advantage if this idiot was so easily irritated and upset, "Let's see how your mouth is doing then."

"It's hard to talk without a tongue, and it's hard to talk without a tongue if you take out my teeth," with these guys it was always the same line, either death, mutilation or torture, "Is there a reason why you're standing over there? Come here and say it again, to my face. Oh I forgot, you're afraid of what will happen to you if you mess up. You don't upset the boss. With empty threats, you are in the wrong place. In general, you won't get very far with threats. If someone threatens you, they want something from you or use you as leverage but now we come to the crux of the matter, if you kill me, your leverage is gone and I can't give you what you want from me anymore. So I guess it's all just empty words."

Chained like an animal. Bondage was different. If this guy or demon was into games, he got the wrong person to play with. Any game, any fucking game, can be won. And guaranteed against some wanker who thought he had a good plan without having thought it through. Hey, let's kidnap somebody, but I don't know what's gonna happen after that, I don't know. What an idiot.

Like a snake shed its skin, Jyn was able to pull its skin from her arms, neck and face. On day X she had wiped her back of her hand across her forehead, spreading individual pieces of skin across her face. She would now die from all the dirt, viruses and bacteria that get into her body thanks to the open skin. Wonderful.

"Why hasn't anyone been able to do their job properly for days? And now get out of here or is there something I'm not allowed to see," a smaller man with black hair and beard pushed the door to the side and at first didn't know what to say when he saw Jyn, "Holy. Shit. What have you stupid idiots done?"

"A new face," Jyn greeted the dark-haired man friendly, smacking and pressing his lips together, hoping to finally be told something new, "What's coming this time?"

More empty threats? Ripping out fingernails, removing teeth, making them into food, cutting off limbs or organs had been some of them, but none of these guys had gone further than the damn door frame. Not a millimeter. Doorsill. Done. Done.

One crack and the person in Lucifer's hand fell motionless to the ground. Nowadays, demons were not what they used to be. Four days ago Jyn had completely disappeared from the face of the earth within minutes. Since then nothing more of her presence had been felt. It was like when he was locked in the cage, time passed and he suddenly knew that she must be dead. Almost, just like back then. She was not dead. This damned God pack.