Chapter 29 : Wounded

Her new dog stood stoically Infront of the door as if it was a statue

Her new dog stood stoically Infront of the door as if it was a statue. She was worried especially after the full detailed explanation. His old owner was a monster, he abused him.

No wonder he didn't move, barked, made a sound or gesture of any kind. Floof seemed to try and get close to him which was all she could asked.

She sighed cleaning his bowls, he didn't ate that much making her worry even more.

Then it started to rain, running out of the kitchen she grabbed an umbrella and opened it. The dog, though wet had made no move to go under the roof.

Floof softly whined but both could do nothing. They sat under the umbrella admiring the flowers and the bushes in her garden. Her eyes softened at her two companions.

"Senki." Eyes flickered to Subaru who was under the small porch or so "You're going to get wet." She gave a small smile "It's fine."

He merely frowned as he walked in. Senki's mind wandered deep into her thoughts. It always seemed to be raining. She wondered if she was connected to the weather, she was feeling down on the dumps.

But it was a stupid idea, because if it were truly connected. It wouldn't be a light shower.

ೋ❀❀ೋ═══ • ═══ೋ❀❀ೋ

When the rain had stopped and she deemed it safe, she went back inside after making sure both the dog and floof were alright.

Subaru had gone off somewhere but she didn't seem to bother. She had the house to herself, or so as she decided to have a cup of coffee at the cafe below Kogoro's agency.

Walking inside she saw an unfamiliar face. "Ah. ." she muttered stepping in. "Ah my name is Amuro Tooru!" the man smiled, rather handsome at that. He had dark skin and light brown hair. His smile was charming.

"Ah. . Kudo. . Senki." she muttered slowly as she sat at the counter. Her head started pounding for a few moments before disappearing.

"Are you alright?" he asked with genuine concern. She nodded slowly "yeah, just a headache that comes and goes." she waved her hand to dismiss the topic.

"You said you were Kudo Senki right? Aren't you that famous detective?" He asked as she had finished ordering. She nodded slowly "Call me Senki."

"Sure then Senki-chan!"

She felt a bit flustered at the 'chan'. She didn't think she'd be called like that by an adult, a man especially. But then she remembered Subaru.

"You can call me Tooru!"

"A-are you sure? We don't know each other that much." she pointed at. He stopped in his tracks "But didn't you tell me to call you 'Senki' despite of that fact?"