What We're Fighting For (7x13)

Summary: The whole team gets together on their yearly meeting. Warning: obviously spoilers for the series' finale so probably don't read it when you haven't seen it!

One year. One year you had been in space already. The Zephyr had turned into your home, although you wouldn't name the plane if someone asked what your home was. 

Wherever you went, no matter what galaxy or weirdly colored planet, Daisy Johnson was always right there by your side.

After your last mission with the team, it wasn't even a question where you were going to go. The answer to that question would always be her. 

However, that didn't mean that you didn't miss the others. Mack and Yo-Yo, Jemma and Fitz, Coulson and May. One year without talking to them was rough, so you had been looking forward to your yearly meeting for weeks.

Daisy was already ready, sitting in one of the chairs on the Zephyr with the chip in her hands. She watched you rush around the plane, looking for part of your outfit you always left lying around everywhere. You looked so chaotic she couldn't help but chuckle. ''Babes, why are you always late? We're going to miss the one appointment in our agenda that has been there for an entire year. You've had a whole year to prepare.''

You rushed past her, back to your shared bedroom on a lower level of the plane to look there. ''I'm sorry! I'll be right there, you go ahead!''

''I'll save you a seat!'' Daisy joked, because the chairs weren't real, they were virtual and there would be precisely enough chairs for everyone.

She laughed as you ran through the corridor as fast you could to not be really late. Shaking her head, she thought about how lucky she was to do this job with you. It could hardly be called a job, although you were still SHIELD agents, traveling to other worlds was amazing and it was something new every day, which made it fun.

The chip sat comfortably on her temple when she placed it there. They basically held a safe and simple version of the Framework code, able to communicate through time and space. Her mind would be transported to the computer and she could walk around in the virtual world while staying in the same place in the real world.

A bar materialized before Daisy's eyes and she walked around the counter to the seating area, where chairs were placed in a neat circle. She was the second one there because only Coulson was there yet, taking in the scene before him.

''There he is,'' she smiled, drawing his attention to her. ''You're looking good.''

''You're looking good. I never change,'' the man joked. It was true since he was an LMD, something that had taken him a while to accept. He still wasn't completely there, but he had to learn to live with it.

They took a seat and were quickly followed by both Yo-Yo and May, both smiling just as widely as the others.

''Hey,'' Fitz greeted when he walked in. He looked slightly tired but that may have something to do with his daughter keeping him awake.

Jemma followed him closely, giving a little wave to everyone. ''Well, this is a nice venue. Whose idea was this?''

''Am I the last one?'' Mack joked, taking one of the two last remaining seats in the circle.

Everyone eyed the empty spot next to Daisy, looking at her questioningly for an explanation. ''Y/N couldn't, and I quote, ''find my party shoes''.'' She laughed along with the others while she heard you say it.

The conversation went from Mack, who was now the Director of SHIELD, to Yo-Yo on her assignment, to May on her new job, to Alya, FitzSimmons' daughter, who had gotten a little too many presents over the last year.