016

chapter sixteen
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
ii. sky island arc

Luffy was mad when he saw the head of the tribe wearing the very same flip flops Shoto wore when he came to Skypiea. Did it mean that they bumped into each other? Did it mean that. . .

No. Shoto would never, he kept a promise.

Staying strong to that mind set,

He left the rest of his crew to deal with the tribe as he ran off to find the other crewmember of his who was facing the so-called God Enel or Eneru. He apparently had a devil fruit that involves lightning, and that alone is dangerous as it is.

He was confident that Shoto can handle himself.

Shoto regained his energy by drinking water and eating the food given by Gan Fall, Conis, and her dad, Pagaya. They explained him about the things he missed, the mistake Conis realized, and also the potential danger his crew might be facing.

Realizing that he had no time to waste, He came with Gan Fall to the said place, desperate to be of any assistance. However, before he could take a step, he staggered forward, only being able to maintain his balance by holding onto a pillar.

"I don't think it's wise for you to go there." Pagaya stated in worry, looking at both Shoto and Gan Fall's condition. "Gan Fall is really not in the state to fight after recently facing priests. And you, Shoto, you are still wounded from the fall and your body can't keep up. You need your rest."

"I can't rest knowing my crew is fighting danger without me."

"But-"

"I already barely helped due to my foolishness. Pushing myself a little more is nothing." There was no changing Shoto's mind in this one, he was greatly determined to help even if he can pass out any minute from now.

Standing up, Gan Fall led the way. Showing off Pierre.

Shoto's sudden appearance to stop Enel's attack was sudden, but it was enough to relieve his whole crew on and ease their worries. As predicted, Enel was one of the devil fruit users he suspected, and so far, he was the strongest.

Enel was a birkan but he didn't have wings and had a ring of drum instead, it made Shoto think.

Then, Enel attacked.

Creating a large border of ice, Shoto pushed back his crew away from the said ice, making the electricity revolve around ice before calming down. Curiously, Enel looked in interest at the bandaged boy who seems to have come from a fight himself.

And he wasn't even completely healed.

"Ice, huh? That's impressive. Even way more impressive than that weak crew you're protecting."

Shoto's eyes remained hard fixated on the man before him. He was calm, strong, and confident for a good cause. Everything that Shoto aspires to be. If only Enel didn't waste such talents.

"Electricity can go pass Ice but luckily, Ice is not a good conductor of Electricity." Shoto explains, expressing how he does listen to Science classes.

Enel destroyed the border in ease, attacking once more. But this time, Shoto used fire, making the electricity go away.

"And what is it this time?" Enel arched, sarcastically looking at the boy.

"Fire cancels electricity due to the same heat it contradicts." Shoto flashed, panting slightly as he felt his mana slowly distinguishing. He really wasn't fully healed.

Going into a position, Shoto went into a familiar stance, watching as Enel attacked with a larger lightning this time, showing off just how pissed he was that the boy was getting in his way.

Shoto barely caught the lighting, but as soon as it made contact with both of his hands now lit afire, he was slowly forming his fire into lighting, making it larger as he threw it back in Enel's way, hitting the surprised male before it only blended with his electricity body.

"Damn logias."

Shoto glanced at his burned hands, trembling by the pain before he hisses and grits his teeth to cope with it.

"I heard electricity can create fire with enough persistent tries of chemical reaction. What difference would it make to do the other way around."

"Very impressive." Enel grinned as he looked at the heterochromatic. "I have never heard of a dual power (fire and ice) but well, you learn new things everyday. . . But, what do you say, join priesthood?"

Shoto couldn't reply as he was now seeing black dots.

"You're way stronger than your pathetic crew. I mean, you're still a kid but you're the one protecting them. Ha, how pitiful." Enel found amusement in their struggle.

Robin was injured, Chopper, Nami, Zoro, and Sanji was too. Pretty much all of them.

"Why would I join priesthood? You're just a pathetic God who seeks attention."

He pissed off Enel badly. And well,

Shoto ended up getting electrified as a result, completely blacking him out as he fell back with a thud. His consciousness leaving him.

His family has never been religious but he had never expected to fight a God and even talk back rudely.

Heh, talk about experience.

Now he can finally say, "I pissed off God."

During Shoto's unconscious state, Luffy had fought and defeated Enel, bringing the Shandians reunited with the Birkans now in peace. The crew recovered surprisingly well and is now planning to leave Sky Island for their next adventure.

However, Shoto was still not awake.

Luckily, Chopper was their doctor so he got to heal Shoto's burned hands and wounds. All left for him now was to rest and regain his mana and body energy.

"I swear, Shoto needs to work out more." Zoro grumbled, hiding the fact that he was upset because Shoto took in all their damages. Zoro swore to himself that he would protect the young boy and yet here Shoto was lying on bed looking as if he went through a Buster Call with him as main target.

"He needs more nutrition. I'll put more healthy foods in his meal next time." Sanji grumbled.

And just like that, they began to baby Shoto before he even wakes up, knowing that the the boy wouldn't be able to use his power for a quite bit of time due to his overuse of power.