024

chapter twenty four
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
iv. water 7 arc

"Ah, I see, so this is the sea train? It travels on water. . . Very interesting."

The strawhats were in a faze as they watched the train that travels into islands. It was a great idea and only the greatest carpenter would be able to make a concept of it. Shoto wondered who could be responsible for the brilliant idea of traveling in use of trains while on water.

He wouldn't mind meeting such a man or woman.

"Woah! Your hair is so pretty!" A young girl with hay as hair went to climb up on a chair to reach Shoto's hair, trying to braid the in-between colors.

"Ah, thanks?" His voice was low as usual.

"If you come back, I'll make you my mannequin! My dresses would look pretty on you!" She exclaimed in pure joy and seeing this, Shoto wouldn't want to be a Villain who will crush her littlest happiness by saying a blunt 'no'.

"But I don't wear dresses-"

"Nonsense! And that guy with green hair can be your prince! It's the perfect match!" She added, pointing at Zoro who looked away in annoyance. Not a child to play by royal games.

"Huh?" Shoto looked uncomfortably as he skidded away from the girl. "How about Nami? She fits in the role 'princess' more and would look better in a dress."

"Nah! If I pair her with Bushido-san then they would look like a carrot!"

"Then Sanji? Usopp? Luffy? Robin?" Shoto offered more choices as the crew looked at him in pity. He had always been a weird attraction for those interested in hair colors.

"They don't fit in the 'prince' title."

"Just accept your fate, Shoto-san, the little girl clearly likes you to be the princess."

The heterochromatic looked in despair before sulking by the corner. He was not playing princess of damsel in distress, ever. He was a hero, the one who saves the royal family.

"And what's so bad with being paired with me? Do you have a problem with that?" Zoro asked in suspicion. Everyone but Shoto facepalmed. The marimo was clueless, he was dense as a rock. He did not get the romantic intention the little girl had.

"No, Zoro-san. I just don't want to play as the princess who needs saving. I would rather be a horse if so."

"What?"

So explaining to him was pointless. Figures. Shoto sighed once more before looking at their Captain who was busy looking at the island not so far away. The call of land really was tempting after being away for so long.

Once again, the crew realized that both Zoro and Shoto were too dense and incapable of romantic feelings so there was definitely nonexistent sparks between them. Their relationship was simply platonic.

"Let's go! I want to see how much worth our treasure has!" Luffy exclaimed as they hopped on the Going Merry.

The next island was Water 7. It would be better to set sail now and replace their gold in which they garnered from sky island.

"Eh?! 100 thousand belis?! You're giving it all to us?!" Both Usopp and Luffy exclaimed as they imagined wonderful things they can do with that amount of money.

"Quite down." Shoto went to hush them, oblivious of the money system there. His Captain did weight that much of beli's so it must be pretty big considering their reactions. "We don't want someone robbing us."