045

chapter forty five
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
ix. marineford arc 

Shoto Todoroki knew a lot of things, maybe he was a little dense in some areas-- such as understanding the concept of another world. But despite that, he still had some experience, things that he might not really speak about, but this time, he would not be ashamed to say he fell from the moon.

He may not share many stories, but he is surely going to brag about this one. After all, not many can say they've been on the moon.

"Are you sure about this one?" Enel tapped his foot on the ground. "I'm not concerned or anything. I just think the workers would miss you."

Shoto brushed it off and nodded firmly.

"I'm sure."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Alright." Enel shrugged. Readying the rocket that the boy had built for himself, which was impressive. But with his workers' knowledge, Shoto built the perfect rocket to at least survive a little.

"You can set the rocket now." Shoto told.

And as always, Enel's lightning was needed for the plan to work.

"Just so you know, the chances of you dying is 97%, with the rocket, it's 85%-- and of course, with my assistance, it's lessened to 79%, so the question is, are you really going to continue?" Enel stated, arching a brow at Shoto who didn't hesitate to nod.

"I'll just have to make the most out of 21."

Enel felt his smirk widen. He liked the guts.

But there was something missing.

"I'm setting it up now." The lightning God voiced, lighting the platform. "I'm disconnecting the wires now." He purposely said out loud, hoping for the heterochromatic to notice.

"Alright?"

"You're gonna fall to your death now." Enel once again told loudly.

"Can you do it a little faster?"

"You're gonna leave the moon now."

Finally, it seems like Shoto got the clue as he peaked his head out a little, brows furrowed slightly as he looked at the God, looking so hard to find just what the big deal was.

"Oh, your earlobes are more saggy than usual." Shoto realized.

Enel felt a tick mark grow on his forehead before he kicked the rocket to go. He clicked his tongue in annoyance, glancing slightly as Shoto fell unprepared.

He then felt a small frown grow on his features.

A simple goodbye would have sufficed.

Nonetheless, that was some nice human interaction for a change.

Shoto was falling.

And this wasn't some cheesy pick up line-- no. He was literally falling.

The survival rate was 21% but he was going to take it. Definitely. Though he was a little late, hopefully he made it on time to at least make a change in the events. He was hoping for some tables to turn, but assuming the greatest of his abilities, his only help would be to add another body to the corpses.

Slowly, as he reached the clouds, soon catching sight of the ocean, his rocket slowly fell apart, burning without him. He covered himself in ice in hope to not heat up like the block of metal behind him. At least he didn't explode with it though.