031

chapter thirty one
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
v. enies lobby arc

Shoto Todoroki was familiar with putting his life on the line in order to save people whether he knows them or not, after all, he was a hero trainee aspiring to do good for the world.

So he did not understand why his feet suddenly became heavy upon hearing those words come out from Nami's mouth. He should be used to this, he shouldn't be feeling the pressure now of all times.

"Shoto, can you do it?"

And there the heterochromatic fought against the twist of his guts as he rounded yet another corner, going ahead the little girl he met during the sea train introduction. He had no time to waste, but gods, why did he agree despite knowing the best of his capabilities?

He knew what he had now was nearly not enough, he was hardly able to put up a fight against the tribe in sky island, but to be fair, it was the whole tribe against one. Plus, they were very skilled in the physical department.

Shoto was well-aware of how important his stamina was, with not enough of that, he wouldn't be able to produce much of his quirk. He was only lucky to get rid of the physical drawbacks during the Summer camp, but the fact that his fire and ice relies solely on the energy he has, it was still risky to immediately put him in battle after a few hours of just recovering.

The heterochromatic gritted his teeth as he stopped by a wall, looking back at the little girl who kept demanding for him to slow down his pace so that she can help.

"I saw the code," she panted, leaning against her knees as she tried catching her breath. "So let me help you! You keep on running, I can barely keep up, you know? Princesses should be considerate to those around them"

"I'm not a princess." Shoto remarked, irritated by the constant name-calling.

"Yes, you are, now shut up and let me do the work." Bossy young girl but that was exactly what Shoto feared, he had always felt threatened by scary little girls, but no one can blame his wariness because little girls were indeed scary especially if things weren't done their way.

Chimney, the little girl, tapped on some buttons before a door magically opened, making Shoto look in interest before readying himself to sprint again.

"Wait, stop!"

Shoto turned around, rubbing the shell of his ear as he winced at the high-pitched sound. "What?"

"Nami told me to tell you to not waste energy heading towards them, keep it easy, she says."

"Keep it easy?" Shoto arched a brow. "But if I do, the distance between me and the CP9 will grow and we won't be able to make it in time. My job is to stoll them and buy the crew more time, and that's exactly what I'll do."

Chimney paused and sighed. She was too young for this shit.

"I understand."

And there Shoto sprinted once more, keeping his breathing steady, thankful for his rubber flip-flops that made it hard for him to slip.

"Oh, and the Marimo-man said to take care and be careful!" Chimney yelled before returning as well.

Shoto allowed his comprehension to absorb her words, he then chuckled. He knew what he was doing though, he was entering an unknown territory with the risks of being severely injured, he was just glad to know that everyone's concerned for his safety.

But he knows he could handle himself.

It was definitely not the same like back when— the time where he was still in Class-A.