048

chapter forty eight
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
x. 3d2y arc

After making himself comfortable on a certain surgeon's bed-- Shoto was soon found fast asleep, curling himself at the center of the remotely big bed, all while clasping a pillow tightly against his chest. To say the least, he was like a newborn in his position.

It took about a whole day for Law to be successful on stabilizing Luffy's condition. As soon as his shift ended and he was given a limited amount of time to rest after Boa Hancock had threatened him to make sure that the rubbery man was to be treated immediately.

In other words, Law had a long, long day.

Opening the door to his room, his sleepiness had momentarily left him after remembering just how he had leant the heterochromatic his bed, mainly because he just didn't want to pile Shoto up with the likes of Penguin and Shachi.

Icey-ya. What a refreshing sight, seeing the boy looking so peaceful in his sleep, finally resting the stoic look on his face-- this time, he actually looked his age and not the mature act he always putted on.

But Law was getting consumed by exhaustion at the moment, and seeing how Shoto was actually at the center of the bed, basically occupying the bed while curling up-- Law didn't have the guts to move him after realizing just how exhausted Shoto must have been after the war.

Well, Law was exhausted too but he didn't want to sugarcoat that.

Seating himself by the edge of the bed while gently rubbing his eyes. There was no way he was sharing a bed with the teenager who he mistakenly proposed to from before.

And he actually respects personal space.

Standing up, he dragged himself to his chair by the study table, placing his head by his folded arms before drifting to sleep. It was not the most comfortable position but it was all he could afford, plus, his tiredness and sleepiness combined made it easy for him to quickly fall asleep.

Shoto had a great sleep. When was the last time he had slept this well on a good bed that allowed enough space to move around. Sitting up, he looked around the room, soon remembering just where he was and how he made it there.

He pinched the bridge of his nose.

How shameless could he be? Taking someone else's bed? Now that was out of character of him. But after all, sleepy Shoto was not the favorable version of himself. After losing Pops in the war, he didn't know what to feel.

He had only been around the man for a few days and it already held an impact in him, just not enough for him to breakdown in front of others.

"Law!" He took notice of the Captain who seemed to be the one who was going to have a sore neck this time. Picking himself up, he pulled the chair that Law was sitting on before using all his force to drag the male towards his bed, letting him rest.

Now it made him feel even more worse, he had taken the surgeon's bed and caused inconvenience.

Clasping his hands after a successful action, Shoto quickly exited the room without a sound, planning to have an early cold bath before he starts his day. But apparently, the world had other plans-- leading him to noticing the view outside, soon realizing that they were docked somewhere.

Seeing a familiar round of blue, he identified the figure as Jimbe, the nice man who helped him and his Captain escape.

Shoto opened the tightly closed doors of the submarine before being greeted by the blinding light of the morning sun. People soon took notice of him thanks to his shining aura and uncanny hair color, it was Law's crew who called over him loudly.