029

chapter twenty nine
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
iv. water 7 arc

As Usopp offered him a glass of water, Shoto downed it in an instance as he felt the satisfying sense of freshness in his throat. Never did he think that water could be so good.

"Well?" Usopp waited.

Shoto nodded before grabbing the roll of bandages, changing his previous ones. As he slowly unraveled his bandages, everyone waited for a patient answer, time growing thinner by each second.

Sighing, the heterochromatic couldn't say it.

"I'm sorry Usopp, but I think it's more appropriate to say it to the whole crew, right? To hear it in one go."

The long nose looked solemn. "I'm not a part of the crew anymore." He said, and he was almost so pitiful that Shoto could have said his whole biography there and then. "But I understand. It must be a big secret."

Shoto offered a small ghost of a smile. Still enough to remind him of the time when they almost became anemic due to the loss of blood.

"Though, I have to hurry up and deal with the situation first before the Blue Lagoon hits. I'm terribly sorry, Usopp, but I have to get going. The crew needs me."

Usopp went to comprehend his words and smiled proudly, nodding his head. "Hai!"

It was like yesterday when the boy was unconfident of his skills and his usefulness to the crew. And here he is now, declaring himself like a grown man. It made Usopp feel like a proud father watching his son grow

"Oi, kid, are you sure? You're a devil fruit user. And even if the Blue Lagoon hasn't fully hit yet, after your little nap on my couch, I'm sure the water pressure increased and so does its shallowness. It's going to be dark soon."

"I appreciate your concern, pervert-san." Shoto replied politely.

Franky was in disbelief though as he repeated his words, "Pervert?!"

Usopp stifled his laughter.

"Wearing a speedo in public is scandalous." Shoto bluntly, remembering when Mineta, his purple classmate, running around in his undies and getting scolded after.

Not a decent memory at all.

But if Mineta was any older like 18 at the time, Shoto was sure he could be imprisoned for inappropriate actions in public.

There was even that naked man who's quirk was about shame, luckily, Shoto's favorite bird hero was there to prevent it from displaying any further, the heterochromatic sure was a fan of that hero, Haw— right, he shouldn't go back to those days.

"I have to go now, bye, catch you later." Shoto waved before going towards the door, and as he opened it, he was immediately devoured by a sea king, or was it fish? Nonetheless, that sea creature was humongous.

"Shoto!"

"Kid!"

"Weird Half-haired boy!"

Franky, Usopp, and the two ladies yelled at the same time, distressed with what they witnessed.

"I need to go after him! He can't swim, he ate the devil fruits!" Usopp's eyes were wide open in disbelief. The crew would be worried too if they were here to see it with him.

"Wait, devil fruits? As in plural forms?!"

"No time for explaining!"

Shoto could only see darkness as he slowly got up. And as he properly sat, he could feel the surface he was sitting on was like a tongue. Moisturized and also the texture.

What happened anyway? Then realization downed him.

"I just got eaten by a fish!" He positively chirped, not so loudly. As he used the ends of his air to light up a light for him, he then could see the sea. So the fish was transparent? How peculiar.

But odd creatures like this were unquestionable in the seas of the grand line. He shouldn't be surprised.

"Calm down." He mumbled to himself as he positioned himself properly. At least the stomach was acid-less and spacious enough for him to be comfortable.

Maybe as comfortable as being in a fish's stomach gets.

"Now, drive properly. . ." Shoto paused, what should he name it? As if understanding what he said, the fish growled stubbornly before trying to shake him off. "Bakugo." He decided.

It was befitting enough.

"Well, Bakugo, lead the way to wherever we're going. Please follow the sea train too." From what Shoto heard, Enies Lobby was not too far away, and hearing that Robin was wanted by the Government could only mean one thing.

And he's sure the crew got it too. It was simply their telepathy.

But it might take long for Shoto to arrive on time. After all, the fish just had to miss its other tail, making it slower.

"Luffy, hurry!"

"Go ahead!" The Captain yelled back to his first mate, catching his breath before running towards the train. However, still no signs of Shoto. He was honestly getting worried, and he's sure the others were too.

But he believes in Shoto. The heterochromatic boy will be sure to pull some miracles. He was a part of his crew after all.

"Hop on, Strawhat!" One of the shipwrights told. The rubber boy nodded and rolled inside the moving train, watching as Zoro went ahead to find Sanji.

"Where's the other boy you had around?" Paulie asked Luffy, trying to hide his guilt and concern. He was disappointed in himself for doubting Shoto, it was Iceberg who had to say it himself that the boy was innocent.

"You mean Shoto?" Luffy asked, earning a nod from Paulie. Silence went before the Captain gazed at the sea, feeling the familiar attachment and sense that the boy could not be too far away. "I don't know." He replied honestly.

Paulie was silent.

"But I know he's going to be here soon."

And there, the blonde shipwright witnessed the trust a Captain has to its members. It was pure attachment, much different to his relation to Iceberg. It was what you would call a natural instinct.

"That's admirable of you, Strawhat." Paulie chuckled to himself.

"Huh? Did you say something?"

"No."

"What are you doing, Luffy? Hurry up! We'll dispatch this column of train soon so get a move on!" Their ginger haired navigator yelled from the other side, making Luffy more alerted as he fastened his pace.

Now, to Enies Lobby.