002

chapter two
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
i. alabasta arc

By now, Shoto Todoroki realised just how crazy a Pirate's life could be. Marines and other Pirates were your enemies, you don't exactly have a safe haven, and you have chances of being murdered in your sleep if you're not careful enough.

Not to mention, he was a hero. An aspiring hero studying in UA; already in his 3rd year, and here he was considering whether he was going to join the crew or not— and Pirates were bad guys, Villains in other terms, and it was pretty odd for a Hero to join Pirates.

So why did it feel so right when he ran with them through Rainbase escaping several enemies? Why did it feel so fun to be around them? That, is something that Shoto could never figure out. He never had fun, he was too focus on becoming number 1 that he completely neglected everything that was essential about enjoying life

He was just glad that he was given an opportunity to catch up after all the trouble he experienced during his years in UA.

He sighed, what was the whole purpose of him entering a different world anyway? Did he have some kind of mission or reason to be sent here?

"Zoro! Shoto!"

They ran through the Casino, occasionally bumping into the gamblers who were all around the place. Behind them was a Marine chasing them, a guy who ate a smoke devil fruit and could basically filter himself to catch them.

Chances are, a new opening would get them a new path to avoid the Marine's wrath or they'll just get executed together.

"Straw Hat." The bodyguard spoke up, making them all stop as the guy opened the stuff that stood between them and a certain door. Seriously, how complicated can Luffy's life be? "VIP." He spoke up, pointing to the door.

Nami brightened at that as they all regained their breaths.

"What's VIP?" Luffy wondered, the tangerine haired woman shook her head as she glanced behind them to see Smoker pretty much closing the distance between them by a few feet.

"Don't mind that for now, stupid."

And they started running once again, this time passing through halls as they abruptly stopped by the center between two signs thats leads into two different paths.

"VIP, or, Pirates." Luffy reads outloud while everyone pondered which way they should actually go. Shoto wanted to facepalm, were they seriously falling for the trap? The changes between two signs was pretty clear, VIP were for actual VIP's and the Pirates were going straight to the trap laid out for them.

"Which shall it be?"

"VIP." Usopp firmly stated, obviously just afraid of seeing what was in store for them at the Pirates path.

"Pirates." Zoro mumbled, pretty much just guessing Luffy's mind since he was the closest to understand the boisterous Captain's way of thinking.

"We're both, Pirates and VIP." Nami intejected, shaking her head as she crossed her arms against her chest as she thought thoroughly. But she wasn't given much time to process as Luffy already pointed to the Pirates sign.

"We're Pirates!" He exclaimed before running off, Shoto just wants to hit his head on a rock for real.

"It might be a trap." Shoto grumbled as he followed behind, the rest of the crew were already trailing as two of them were cursing at how Luffy played right into Crocodile's hands.