018

chapter eighteen
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

iii. long ring island arc

Like any other day, the crew was loud.

However, it was something that Shoto has grown used to for quite some time. Even if his arms were rendered useless during its improvement in healing, he was still willing to help in any ways he can.

And to prove his point, he was currently training with Sanji for his footwork. He considered that he might be nothing but deadweight when it comes to defense, so he wanted to at least be able to do something without straining his quirk.

His mana hasn't even fully recovered yet.

"Extend your legs." Sanji bluntly said as he puffed a breath of smoke, watching as Shoto struggled more on raising his leg up like the way the cook does.

"I'm trying." Shoto panted. "I just can't do a split after 2 days of practicing." He acknowledged, aware of how he wasn't a very flexible as a human being. Even Zoro would be more flexible.

Pausing, Sanji caressed his chin in thinking.

"Maybe you lack in warm-up." He voiced out, scratching his head. He even recalled teaching Nami how to split and she got it in a day.

"No. . . I just have bones that won't cooperate."

"Welp, I'll go and prepare the snacks. You can take a break for now." Sanji decided, clasping his hands before heading to the Kitchen, not before tossing Shoto a towel to dry his sweat though.

The heterochromatic sat, catching his breathing as he stared at the seas. And then he noticed land not so far away.

Finally, land. Shoto thought in relief.

Even from how beautiful the sea was, nothing could beat the balance and joy you will get once stepping on land. It was a wave of emotions that will make you glad for surviving another voyage in the sea.

"Do you need help, Shoto-san?" Robin asked politely to the young boy, indicating by the towel and how he can't use his arms yet.

Looking up at the woman who resembles his sister when it comes to personality, Shoto timidly nodded.

"If you don't mind. . ."

Robin smiled before picking up the towel, ushering him to sit by the chair so that she could wipe off the excess sweat off of him. Chopper did say that Shoto might feel a sudden climate change because of the lack of his power.

He could feel temperature and it might be new to him.

"The weather must be too hot for you, Shoto." Robin voiced out. "Aren't you feeling nausea because of the sudden change?" She asked curiously.

The heterochromatic paused for a second.

"The weather is too hot, if I say so myself. But it's nothing new, just a little familiar. I did not have my quirk since I was born, after all." Shoto stated. Processing his words, Robin looked in suspicion.

"Quirk? Is that another word for your fruit?"

Shoto noticed his slip up and suddenly felt his heart beat faster in nervousness.

"Umm. . . Yeah," Shoto tried his best in lying, and luckily, he never lost his touch when it came to those skills. "I call it quirk because that's what the people from my land call them."

"Oh." Robin nodded, accepting his words seeing as there was no other explanation. "So, how old were you when you ate your devil fruit?"

Shoto sat back, thanking Robin for her assistance before continuing.