[23] I'll Marry You

🚨INTENSE CHAPTER + HEAVY MANGA SPOILERS [with my own twists] AHEAD🚨

DO NOT PLAY THE MUSIC UNTIL I SAY SO!

Welcome to one of the longer chapters in the book!

Reader POV

"Ne, (y/n)?" Yuno tapped my shoulder one lazy morning.

"Yes?"

He looked away with a slight blush. "Can you come with me? I have to go back to Hage Village."

"Oh? Sure." I stood up and used my magic to transport the files out to the captains of the magic knights and Mereleona and Nozel who lead the Royal Knights.

"Hey, where's Langris?" Yuno looked around for him. "He's usually always around you or sleeping in your room. I didn't see him there."

I shrugged. "He said he had an important thing to do, so that's that."

"Alright. Have you ever been to Hage?"

"Ah, I see why you really wanted me to come with you," I jabbed his side with a teasing smile. "You're just too lazy to go yourself, aren't ya?"

He shook his head. "No! I promise you, it's not that! It's just-"

"Calm down, vice captain. I'm just teasing you. I'd be glad to accompany you, but I'm afraid I've never been to Hage-"

The doors burst open to reveal Finral.

"Miss (y/n)! The Heart Queen requests your presence in the Heart Kingdom!"

So Lolopechka has finally accepted the title as queen?

I nodded. "Alright. Sorry Yuno, I'm afraid I can't go with you."

Bell appeared beside him. "Yay! Yuno, we can finally-"

"Urasai, Bell."

"Gomen, Yuno."

What in the TsukiYama?

I followed Finral through the portal, waving goodbye to Yuno who let out a frustrated sigh.

Finral transported us to the throne room where Luck, Leopold, Asta, Mimosa, Secre, and a few others were with the queen.

"Ah, (y/n)." Lolopechka gave me a kind smile. "I'm so glad you could come. I'm sure you must be busy."

"What is it? Has there been a development of the curse?"

She shook her head and Undine brought us to a lake.

"Nope, just girl talk since we're all so busy."

I sighed and walked into the water with the rest of the females, stripping down and putting my clothes on the rocks near the shore.