[38] The Greatest Legacy

Fallon POV (age 21, 1 year after your death)

I stood in front of the mirror, adjusting my collar.

Today was my coronation day.

"Are you excited?" Coldbane asked me.

"Yeah," I said. "Just a bit nervous."

He chuckled and helped me put on my war merits. "You know, your mother was also very nervous the day she became queen."

"Really? My mother?" I found it hard to believe since I only knew her to be the strong woman that everyone looked up to.

"Indeed. My niece was so nervous that King Yuno himself had to help her out of the castle." Winston sighed, letting out a cold puff of air. "He loved your mother for the longest time. I'm sure he still loves her. They were very close and served in the defense for the Clover kingdom with your father."

"Oh yeah. I remember Dad saying how they served in the Golden Dawn before Mom went to take her throne after the war with the Dark Triad and Yuno to reclaim his throne."

"Yes. Both Yuno and your mother shared similar stories, but Fate designed your mother and father to be together." My mother's uncle looked bittersweet as he remembered the memories that happened a year before I was born.

He placed his hands on my shoulder, staring at me with pride and determination. "And now you're going to take her place in the world today."

"I don't know if I'm ready," I confessed. "I'm nowhere near as strong as she is-"

"Shut your mouth, boy. You're far more powerful than you think. Strength isn't measured by your mana nor by your physical strength. It's measured by your emotions that you possess for your people." 

"That's right,"

We both looked to see my father holding a box that had my name written on it. "Hi, Fall."

"Hey Dad."

He sat down on my bed and motioned me to do the same. "Your mother and I were going to give this to you the day you became king. Her and I talked about her stepping down when you 25, but I suppose you'll be fine as king at 21."

"Oh?" I took hold of the box and traced my fingers around it.

"Go ahead, open it."

I did as my father said, tearing up when

I did so and there was a letter on top of wrapping paper.

I opened it and saw my mother's familar handwriting along with a heart.

_________________________

To my dear firstborn Fallon Astro Korenthan Vaude.

You're finally going to be crowned king! Isn't that exciting??

I know you probably feel nervous.