[37] Even the Mightiest Fall

FINAL CHAPTER BEFORE FINALE!!!

🚨INTENSE CHAPTER AHEAD🚨

Reader POV (10 years later)

"So there's something for me?" I looked down at the form of paper.

"That is correct," Winston informed me. "From Reina."

"Oh fuck..." I rolled my eyes. "Don't tell me it's the bandits? We dealt with them thirteen years ago!"

"No," Coldbane shook his head. "Lord Reilo Shiwakita has tried to deal with the matter on his own."

"Damn it..." I sighed. "Alright. I'm going on a mission."

"Can I join you?" Gray and Fallon asked.

I looked at them. "If you wish to come, then prove that you're strong enough. If the sitting monarch is called to help in the district, then it must be very big to require my magic."

"We're up to anything!"

This time, Yuki and the twins Keiji and Keiko butted in.

"Me too, Mommy!" Our youngest son Alexi shouted.

"You can't go," Langris said to him gently. "You're much too young."

"But Daddy, I'm five!"

"Exactly."

Alexi still looked upset so I leaned down to his height, stroking his cheek.

"Alexi, I need you here. I've got the most important job for you."

He leaned forward, eager to know what his task was. "Yes, Mommy?"

I took off the necklace I always wore. The one my mother gave me to guard.

Speaking of which, my mother took care of business and went back to the immortal realm, promising to watch over us.

"Alright. Yuki, Fallon, Gray. You can come with me."

"What about me?" Langris asked.

I looked at him. "You can't. I need you here with Keiko, Keiji, and Alexi."

"But-"

"Langris," I said. "You need to stay here. That's an order."

"...Fine."

I gathered Fallon, Gray, and Yuki together. "You three must follow everything I do. Do you understand me?"

"Yes, Mother!"

"Good." I had Gray open a portal and we went through.

Reilo was impatiently waiting. "What took you so long?! And why are your children-"

"Reilo," I gave him a stern glare. "My children are strong. We are here now. Now, what's the matter?"

He pointed to a huge gate where a huge surge of demonic energy was coming from. "That."