BONUS CHAPTER: Yuno's Silence

Yuno POV

I walked with Asta to the gate of the Magic Knights exam and spotted someone that made me halt.

"And did you see Sister Lily when I asked her to marry me-OUCH!" Asta bumped into me. "Yuno?"

I was frozen when I saw a girl with (h/c) hair talking to someone with floppy brown hair.

Who is that?

Time seemed to stop when I saw a black string that connected me to her direction.

A red string of fate means soulmates.

A black string of fate means that they're your soulmate but aren't meant to be with you.

I never understood what I meant.

Time resumed and she walked right past me, looking up at me briefly.

I covered my face and hid a blush.

Beautiful.

"Oi! Yuno, why'd you stop moving?" Asta jumped up and flicked my cheek but I moved back, walking towards the arena with a dazed look on my face. "What's gotten into him?"

I watched her take the exam, easily flying next to me on her broomstick.

But then I noticed time stopped but what startled me was that she stopped time.

I watched her jump up to the balcony to where a guy with the red string of fate that was attached to hers was standing.

Oh. So he's her soulmate while I'm just the indirect direct one.

It was very rare to have a soulmate who wasn't meant to be with you, but it's happened to people before.

Time resumed and I found myself up next for the battle.

When we were called up to be chosen, (y/n) had all the captains raising their hands for her.

I noticed the guy from before leaning forward, interest glimmering in his eyes.

(y/n) chose the Golden Dawn and I chose the same squad, hoping to at least become close with her.

My room was across the courtyard from hers and I could see her and the man who I learned was the Vice Captain of our squad.

So she likes the stars?

The morning after, I sat near her, on the right side of the vice captain who all but glared at her.

After breakfast, I decided to talk to her.

"My name is Yuno," I said as I walked with her around the base.

"I am (y/n)," she said with a saddened smile. "You must be the last."

I gave her a confused stare. "What do you mean by that?"

"You'll understand one day," she said as she placed a hand on my shoulder. "But don't think for a moment that we aren't in the same predicament because in ways, we are."

She removed her hand from my shoulder and walked ahead of me, her aura saddened.

What does she mean by that?

I ended up going to the library to go read.

I had first found some books on the history of the kingdoms surrounding the Clover kingdom since I was bored, not expecting to see a portrait of King Maxillion Korenthan and Queen Consort Anika Korenthan.

I was shocked to find she looked like Queen Anika Korenthan of the Diamond Kingdom.

A couple days later, I heard she and Langris got into an argument.