[2] Prince of Spade

Double Update!

Double Update!

Langris POV

It was breakfast now. Awakening, I walked to the door that leads to the balcony. I opened it and stepped outside.

The birds were singing. The sky was blue.

Then I noticed (y/n) standing outside.

"(y/n)?"

She turned around, startled. "Oh! Langris!" She offered me a cheeky grin. "Good morning! Did you sleep well?"

"None of your business!" I said. Internally I was screaming at myself.

She was taken aback. "Sorry! I was being polite!" Both of us stared at eachother. Blue eyes met (e/c) eyes.

"Sorry," I grumbled. I turned away from her and stared at the kingdom below us. "It's a nice morning I guess."

"Yes, it is." She allowed me to get close to her.

I held a strand of her (h/c) hair. "Your hair is a mess."

"Gee, thanks for telling me," she said sarcastically. "I was going to brush it out after studying the sky."

"Don't you study the sky at night?" I asked. "Constellations?"

She laughed. "Yes, but I was looking at the cloud formations!"

Oh. "Oh, okay. Whatever. I don't really care." Then I remembered something I read in an astrology book. "Have you ever seen the constellation Marcus?"

She shook her head.

"Well, the constellation is based off the peasant girl named Marcus. She was abandoned as a child and when she grew up, she became a powerful sorceress. She lived during the earliest days of the Clover Kingdom and bore the first child, which became known as the first Wizard King, and a daughter named Tetia. I really didn't come across her much in textbooks, only that she was killed right after getting married to someone from a distant place." I explained.

"Marcus..." she nodded. "Where can I see Marcus?"

I shrugged. "Outside at night. Where did you come from?"

"The mountains."

"Hmm..." I then hardened my voice. I had to remember she was a peasant and I was a noble. Nothing can happen between us. Not that I wanted something to! "I don't care."

"Rude." She then nodded to the small table by her door. "Can you pass me my comb?"

I was beyond disbelief. "Are you serious? Get it yourself."

"Please?" She asked. "I'll do anything! I'm just too lazy to move!"

"Fine!" I picked up the comb and gave it her, but felt a strong urge to brush her hair. Stupid.