[14] Enigma

AHAHA DOUBLE UPDATE BECAUSE YES

🚨INTENSE CHAPTER AHEAD🚨

Reader POV

Langris came out of the bathtub, drying off himself. "(y/n), I have an important question..." He looked around for me, only to see me were outside on the balcony in the small castle we had entered.

I had cast a protection spell around it using my magic reinforce with Dominante's invisibility magic.

He changed into PJs and came outside.

"Good evening, Langris." I greeted him with a kiss.

He stared at the night sky. "(y/n), do you see that over there? That's the constellation Chevron (she-vrooon). According to Spadina Mythology, Chevron was the firstborn of two powerful elements: Love and War."

As the spacial mage spoke, I felt him wrap his arms around me and rest his head on mine.

"He grew up to be a fearsome warrior for his country during the Seventy-Four Years War. Of course, no one understands how exactly this happened. Rumor has it that he became the first absolute ruler of the entire world- (y/n)?"

I had dozed off, tired from everything.

Langris held me close. "I promise you, (y/n)...I'll never let you down. I'll never let war get in the way of anything between us."

He kissed me on the lips and brought us both in for a good night's sleep.

No One's POV

Under the astronomy tower that had a magical dome to reflect the stars, Langris couldn't help but stare at them and hold his beloved close to him, reaching out to the stars.

They were so close, yet so far away.

Langris looked down at the sleeping face of the Diamond princess, sorrow in his eyes.

"I know there are secrets you won't tell me," he said in her ear, draping the blanket around them. "But I trust you. I know whatever happens, I'll stick by you."

The spacial mage knew that as tensions rose each hour, the time he had with her would be limited.

It was all designed by fate to see that these two fated lovers would meet.

But it was time that would tell if they could truly be together each of them so desired.

It was written in the stars above that they could only spend so much time together before they were torn apart yet again.

In their previous lives and the life they were living right now, it would end one way or another.

But maybe this time they could change the tide of fate with a bit of faith, hope, love, and luck.