[4] His Secret

HAHA 4 UPDATES WTF

HAHA 4 UPDATES WTF

Reader POV

I was awakened by screaming. I rushed out to the balcony where I heard Langris screaming.

He was being slapped by a woman.

"YOU INSOLENT BOY! YOU CANNOT LOVE A PEASANT!! YOU HAVE A FIANCÉ!! A NOBLE FIANCÉ!" The lady shouted.

I ran up to them, not caring I wasn't dressed properly. "Hey! What's the big idea!"

"(y/n)-"

The man turned to me with anger in his eyes. "So you're the witch who tampered with my son's heart?!"

My eyes turned wide. "No, I-"

He then summoned his grimoire and started to place a spacial magic attack but I easily blocked it. "You insolent peasant! How did you make it into the Golden Dawn!!"

"Mother! Father! Stop! This isn't (y/n)'s fault!" Langris pleaded.

My eyes widened further. These people...were his parents!!

"You're just as bad as your failure brother!!" Lady Vaude shouted. "You still have another lesson to learn, boy!! You should not be near a peasant! Brushing her hair! Going to town with her! Even sharing a meal together! No!"

"You're wrong,"

All of us turned around to see Captain Vangeance and the rest of the squad on the balcony with us.

"Lord and Lady Vaude, I believe you are wrong." Captain Vegance said. His voice was smooth but carried authority. "If you do not like the way that your son has shown kindness, then I believe that you should exit the premises."

"But Vangeance-"

"Do you dare defy the captain of the Golden Dawn?" Vangeance said quietly. "I believe it is in your best interests to leave now."

Lord and Lady Vaude gave Langris a final slap. "We will continue this discussion later, son." Then they were gone.

I looked up at Langris. He was shaking and tears streamed down his face.

"Whoa...I've never seen him cry..." Rosseau gasped.

"Me either...and his parents...!" Torris added.

I went over to him. "Langris?"

He looked at me, malice in his eyes. "This is all your fault!!" He summoned his portal and zoomed out, leaving me in a state of shock along with the rest.

"Should I go fetch him?" Alicia asked. No one answered the earth-mage.

...

I was in my room, too sad to come out. My first 'kinda-sorta' friend just lashed out at me! It wasn't my fault...