[16] Beyond Zero

Ngl I'm simping for Zenon and Dante as well :)

Double update!

Zenon POV

I watched with amusement as (y/n) was training back in her own kingdom.

I had found a way to enter her kingdom undetected, relishing in her misery.

"Don't worry, (n/n). I'll help you forget about that asshole noble."

I wish I had magic to remove memories, but I didn't.

Soon, (n/n).

You'll be my queen and we'll crush them all.

Reader POV

I was taking my frustrations out on the training grounds used by my ancestors to prepare for war or just training.

It was a battleground with someone in the control rooms helping with the simulation of battle.

"There!" Yuno beside me extended his wind magic out towards the epicenter of the earthquake simulator.

"Alright, bet." I concentrated and extended my mama out to the area, creating a total mana zone as Mereleona Vermillion taught me.

"Winter Magic: Absolute Zero."

The entire simulation became very cold and dropped to many of degrees below zero.

"Robe of Hestia."

I made sure Yuno was fine since he didn't have the magic to keep himself warm.

I had never used this spell before, but it appeared the last time I saw Langris.

It had been a solid two days and I was too busy with training to speak to him about battle strategies.

I knew I had the Clover King's ball tonight, but I assumed I wasn't going to attend with Langris seeing we were no longer a thing.

Yuno let out a yelp and called out to me. "Focus, (y/n)!"

I checked the temperature and saw I was approaching my limit of -100°C.

"Try to push past your limits and don't worry about me," he said.

I listened to his words and saw a portal appear.

What the hell is Langris doing here?!

He flinched at the cold and warped himself to the control room, his voice filling the speaker.

"(y/n)."

I ignored his voice, listening only to the cold winds and the ice forming on the sides of the glass.

The air was barely breathable.

If it weren't for the Robe of Hestia, Yuno's blood would've frozen and he would've been shattered to smithereens.