One on One

TW: mentions of blood, stabbing, suicide?

You ready yourself, putting your dominant foot forward and raising your arms to guard your face. You take a step forward but Hawks has already closed the distance between the two of you. You dodge to the right as his sword pierces the spot you were just standing in.

"Not bad kid, but I'm not gonna go easy on you anymore." Hawks says as you dodge another attack. You jump back a few feet to put some distance between the two of you but Hawks doesn't let up. He keeps the distance suffocatingly close. You slash at him but his reflexes are too fast.

Finally, he stops closing in on you. He is only a few feet away but it's the furthest in a while. You start walking, not towards him but around him. Like a shark circling their prey. He follows suit, maintaining the distance as he walks. At the same time you reach the spot your opponent was just in.

You run at him. Knife in your right hand with the blade facing down. You swing at Hawks but he gracefully dodges your attacks. One by one the attacks tire you out. It comes to the point where Hawks barely has to move anymore. He chuckles.

"Getting tired there, Y/n?" His patronizing comment makes you angry but also gives you an idea. You fall to your knees.

"Alright. I give. My legs don't want to move" You look up at him as he walks towards you. His feather sword resting on his shoulder as he struts around you. Soon he is right in front of you.

"I'm so glad you've decided to coincide the match. I was getting pretty tired. Now where would yo-" Before he could finish your head connects to his groin. The pain sends him stumbling backwards and onto the ground. His weapon lay on the dirt beside him.

You pick up the feather sword as you walk towards your fallen opponent. Standing over him, you point it at his neck. You look into his eyes and say, "I'm sorry but I cannot lose this." Your voice is apologetic and you really are sorry. He looks so helpless on the ground. His big eyes stare up at you with what almost looks like fear.

"I'm sorry too." He says, as you feel a burning sensation in your calf. "I will not lose. There is too much on the line." You look down and see a feather flying past your legs. You look back at Hawks. Staring deep into his eyes you activate your quirk.

"Kill me." You say in a stern voice. "Kill me." You say it again while looking into his eyes. "Kill me. Please." You whisper one final time before Hawks stands to face you. His eyes betray the actions of his body as he reaches out towards you. Needle-like feathers pierce almost every part of your body. They do not rip through your skin, instead they merely puncture the skin enough to cause quite a bit of blood flow. You welcome the pain as you fall back. You feel the warmth of the blood as it starts to seep out of every hole. The feathers retreat as you release Hawks from your control. He stands there stunned at what he was just made to do. You look up into the sky and see the clouds passing. Oh, how you wished you could fly like he could. To soar above the world and all of its problems. I guess you could say that I'm jealous of him for that. You try and reach out to the sky but your arm is in too much pain to listen. You close your eyes and start to fade into the darkness. Unlike your mothers this one welcomes you as you blackout from pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry its so short i was angsty when i wrote it.

636 words