A Wager

"As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted."
He straddles your lower body making sure you can't flip him. Grabbing your other arm he forces you into the floor.
"Now, may I continue?" You don't respond.
"I'll take that as a yes. First things first, You have a very lovely home." You can't help but snort.
"You're joking right. I just tried to kill you and cut off your wings and you have the balls to compliment the apartment you broke into."
"Actually sweetheart, the door was unlocked and I heard a crash so I came running to save you." You turn your head just enough to see him smiling a huge dorky smile. "Anyway, I want you to work for me." Once again you let out a laugh.
This guy wants me to work for him. I was hired to kill him and now he's offering me a job. He's just as crazy as those league of villains losers.
"Laugh all you want but it's either me or Tartarus."
"How about you take that knife and just kill me instead." You decided a long time ago that death is the only option when you've finally gotten caught.
"How about no." He responds. You are so shocked by his answer that you flip over from under him.
Y/n: "H-how did you do that?"
Hawks: "I can do a lot sweetheart. You're going to have to be more specific."
Y/n: "How did you ignore my quirk. I-it's impossible."
Hawks: "Persuasion is only that, Persuasion. You can't make me do anything. You can only make that little voice in my head tell me that I want to. I just have to ignore the voice for the next hour or so and I'll be fine."
Y/n: "How did you figure it out? Nobody has ever done that before."
Hawks: "Well it wasn't that hard. I just figured out that the voice talking to me wasn't my own. It kept saying that you were hot," you cringe at that knowing full well that you can't control where other people's thoughts go. "Which I already knew because... I mean look at yourself." He chuckles lightly as his cheeks turn pinker.
Y/n: "So my quirk does still work. That's good. Thank you for stopping by I hope you have a nice rest of your day." You grab Hawks knees and push yourself away from him, twisting your body to wiggle out.
"Wait!" Hawks says. "Please come work for me." You pick up the cookbook. Putting it away as you talk.
"Listen bud. You have my respect. Enough of it to warrant me canceling my contract to kill you." You grab the pots from the floor, hanging them back up. "I am a soldier, trained to kill people. I am a hired hitman. A wanted criminal. An assassin." You pull the knives out of the cabinet, handing Hawks his skewered feathers. "And you want me working as your secretary? No thanks. I pass." Finally you put the knives away.
Hawks: "I don't want you to be my secretary, even though you would look great in uniform." He winks at you. You roll your eyes. "I want you to be my partner, kid."
You are a little shocked at what he says. You pause to think before saying, "I'll fight you for it."
"What?" He's taken aback by your comment so you explain.
"We fight. If you win, my record gets expunged and I come work for you. An entirely new life, I'll even use my real name. If I win, I walk away. Nobody comes looking for me and I don't go looking for anyone. Got it." You turn to face him. He has a huge smile on his face.
"Deal!" he says.