Again

"You've got to be kidding me?" You state standing up from the chair you are sitting in. "I refuse. Is there no other way I prove it. Does my pact with him mean nothing to you people. I live with him for crying out loud. I never leave his side and you don't trust me."

"I understand your anger but do not raise your voice at me young lady."

"No this is bullshit. Absolute horse shit. I'm not going to do it. I shouldn't need to."

"Miss L/n, please do not raise your voice at me. Your clan has always kept to their word but as you stated during your trial you were not born into it, you were adopted and raised by the leaders. Therefore your argument is deemed invalid. And before you try and interrupt me again, I'll tell you this. If you do not do this special exam then you will be thrown into Tarturus and forgotten about. It is this or kiss your freedom given to you by the commission goodbye." The woman begins to gather up the papers in a folder and hands it to you before making her way out of the conference room. She stops at the door, "It was a pleasure to meet you Miss L/n. Have a lovely day."

You throw the folder onto the ground and storm over to your boss.

"What the hell was that? Why didn't you say anything? You know what happened last time I was in an area fighting a Pro Hero? Oh, that's right. I was fighting you. AND I BASICALLY DIED!"

Hawks mumbles an apology while continuing to stare at the table in front of him.

"I can talk back to her." He says softly. "She is the commissioner and does not like putting up with me. I was surprised that she even came here today and didn't just send a messenger or something. I think she knew you wouldn't agree so she came in person to threaten you."

"She didn't just threaten me. She insulted me too."

"I get that you're upset but how about something to cheer you up." He says trying to lighten the mood. You give him a questioning look. "Breakfast of course. We never ate."

"I guess I might be hangry." You say with a sigh.

After the two of you find non expired food to eat, Hawks shows you around his office.

"So this is where the secretaries work." He motions to a large desk with three women answering phones. Two wave and one is too busy screaming at the receiver to notice her boss.

"These are my paperwork people." There are four desks completely covered in folders and loose papers and many more people frantically writing stuff down.

"Then there's Kelly's desk." He points to a small office directly next to all the chaos.

"And finally, there's my office." He states triumphantly, pushing open the door next to the one you entered in.

"That's great and all but do I get a desk or do you want me on the floor?"

"Oh I totally forgot! KELLLLLY." He shouts. A small blur rushes towards you, weaving in and out of desks and chairs.

"YES SIR." Kelly salutes.

"Could you please get a desk set up in my office for y/n and then bring the papers I need to go over with her today."

"ABSOLUTELY." She says as she dashes off.

"Great, now we work in the same room. When you want to start sharing clothes let me know." St joke before walking into your new office.

"I don't think your clothes would even fit me. My ass is too fat." He retorts. You let out a laugh at his remark. He smiles and follows you into your shared space.

"In all seriousness, we have a week till your test and you kinda spent a week in the hospital and I know that your wounds aren't healed yet."

"Well it is what it is." You say while sitting in his swirly chair. "I've looked worse. These are nothing compared to some of the other things I've been through.

"I'm sure. But moving on from battle scars, you need a name. A Hero name."

Words: 707

Make good decisions kids and remember, be a whore not a homewrecker!