Home?

Start writing your story

You walk towards the door ignoring what he said. You try and turn the door knob but the thing doesn't budge. You look over at Hawks and roll your eyes. He has a smirk on his face as the keys dangle from his grip.

"You might need these." he says as he tosses you the keys. You try the first one on the ring and thankfully it works. Gods, this man is insufferable. You take a step inside but stop when you see how grand the inside of the house is.

Not paying attention and not used to people standing in his doorways Hawks accidentally rams into you. You try to regain your balance by grabbing the thing closest to you but nothing is around you to stop your fall. Your hip and shoulder take the brunt of the fall when you slam into the hardwood.

"Watch where you're going Bird Brain!" You yell from the ground. He looks down at you and chuckles.

"Sorry," He says. "I'm not used to people standing in my doorway so I guess I forgot to look." He extends his hand down to you.

"Yeah, yeah whatever." You grab his hand and he helps you stand back up. You continue to look in amazement at the simple yet beautifully designed home. The ceilings were tall enough for Hawks to fly around comfortably. The stairs seem to lead up towards the second floor but the landing was missing a railing so that Hawks could easily land on the second floor. You remove your heels and continue to look around the house. The kitchen was huge and looked into a large sitting room. It had a large couch and an even bigger TV. You find a long hallway with a bathroom and small bedroom at the end of the hall. You hear Hawks call to you.

"Hey! Quit snooping around the house. Let me show you around your new home."

After Hawks shows you everything you've already seen you head up stairs. It is just as elegant as the floor below it. The ceilings weren't as high but it was just as spacious. When you reach the landing you see a hallway leading to a large room. The room had everything you'd expect in a frat house. A ping pong table, a dart board, a pool table and lots of couches, that have probably seen better days.

You cross your arms and turn to your new roommate. "Is this a frat house?" He stifles a laugh.

"Well someone needs to have the party house and I just happen to be him." He states proudly. "Heroes need to relax every once in a while. This is the place to do it." You roll your eyes as he starts walking down a different hallway.

"This will be your side." He says turning to you. "Sorry the bathroom isn't attached to your room but you've got everything. At least I think you do." He opens a door before letting you inside. You let out a gasp when you see the huge bathroom. It is almost as large as your apartment was. There were two sinks and a huge mirror along the wall above them. The bathtub looked like a jacuzzi. The shower looked like a glass display case for a human. Overall, the bathroom was the most beautiful part of the house.

"This... this is all mine?" You ask, still stunned by the size and beauty.

"Yeah. And this is your closet." He says as he opens another door. The closet is huge and empty, with the exception of the clothes from your apartment. You look at Hawks.

"You brought my stuff here?" You walk in and look at the things hanging. It's every piece of clothing you left behind. On a shelf there are two boxes. One is full of socks and the other is full of your undergarments. You hold one up and turn to him. "Care to explain pervert?"

He seems to jump at your comment. "I.. um.. well I had one of the ladies at my office move your stuff over here. I just didn't want you to have to go through the hassle after you just got out of the hospital." He laughs nervously while backing out of the doorway.

You set down the underwear and follow him out with a smirk. He opens the last door, which you guess is your room.

"Wow. You really did move everything." You see that your bed has been moved into the house.

"I told you. I wanted you to be comfortable so I moved your stuff here." You look at him with a smirk. "I had someone move your stuff. I didn't do it. Someone else did." You laugh at him for being uncomfortable.

"I'm just kidding, perv." Hawks sighs at your new nickname for him. He starts to walk away, before calling back to you.

"If you need me my room is on the other side. Goodnight y/n. Try and get some sleep, you're starting work tomorrow." He chuckles as he walks away, knowing what he has in store for you the following day.

Words: 856

I've been sad so enjoy! :)