VIII- I'm sick of it

"Cassia Florin!" I heard my mother yell after sneaking inside the house.

So the snitch also told them about my sneaking spots.

I sighed loudly before tossing Luca's sweatshirt on my bed and walked downstairs to face the unavoidable. "Yes?" I came next to them and tried to look as guilty as possible.

Because I know that I'd do it again if I had a chance to go back. I'm not guilty at all.

"I can't believe you. We let you go out for one night and this is how you repay us? Ungrateful child. Where did we go wrong?" I locked eyes with Kylie and she was leaning on my mother's side.

I wonder what she told her.

"Where did you run off to?" She asked and I pursed my lips before looking at the ground. I took a deep breath and bit my lip to make up a lie quickly. Kylie was always the accomplished growing up and everything I did wasn't enough for them.

I'm sick of it.

"Some popular kids invited me to play truth or dare with alcohol. I regret going but nothing happened." I said satisfied and fiddled with my fingers. I also mumbled it, knowing my mother hates that but she knows I wouldn't be lying if I did that.

"Give me your phone." My father extended his hand out for me to put the phone in. "I... I lost it at the party. I think I dropped it somewhere but I can't find it." I said and my father clenched his hand.

"Go to your room. I don't want to see your face." I nodded and gulped down the fire that burned everything in me.

I don't want to see your face.

I walked upstairs to my room and just went to bed immediately. I didn't want to cry, I don't want to feel sad anymore. I couldn't keep in the tears that started to fell. My parent always found a way to ruin good things, that's what they're only good at.

The next morning I quickly got dressed up because I woke up late to skip the breakfast part of the day. It's because I don't want to see their face either.

I just wore casual jeans, did my usual makeup, and wore Luca's sweatshirt.

Why did I wear it?

If he gets to tease me and get my mind all dazed then two can play that game.

The perfume I sprayed on my shirt underneath the sweatshirt would make it smell like me but it wouldn't give off the impression that I sprayed it on purpose because I wanted him to memorize my scent.

I tied my hair and ran to my father's car. Kylie was back at her place and I was more than happy to find that out. I arrived at school and my friends were all grouped but Xavier wasn't around.

"Hey," I said as I walked next to them and Layla smiled at me. "Hey..." Their laughter slowly ended when I walked next to them.

"Xavier said you left the party early. What happened?" Ashley asked with her eyes shining because she knows she finally doesn't need to keep the fake smile on her face every time she speaks to me.

"You don't need to 'accidentally' send Xavier nudes behind my back anymore, Ashley. He's all yours." I said before opening my locker. She's so stupid to think I never saw it on Xavier's phone. My name was his password and he asked me to check his notifications sometimes. It seems like a healthy relationship, however, it's nowhere close to that.

"What do you mean nudes? He told you about them?" Chelsey asked as she leaned next to me. I nodded and closed my locker before staring at her. Chelsey didn't try anything for Xavier because I know Ashley would claw them if they did. She knew getting rid of me was easy and that's why she did the least.

"Hey, wasn't that sweatshirt... Never mind. I probably remember wrong." Layla said beside us and I bit my lip to hide my smile. I wonder what they'd do if they knew I spent last night all alone with Luca. Nothing happened besides him constantly teasing me and bullying me.

I wonder what they'd do if they knew about Luca.

Seeing him with glasses and his hair nicely done made me want to laugh at his face now.

"Hey, let's walk to class." Layla left Damien's side to grab my arm and walk me to our class. "What happened, Cassie? Xavier was so worried yesterday, searched everywhere for you." I nodded and locked eyes with Evan from the corner of my eye. The whole group was watching us walk past them.

"He was sleeping with Kylie when I walked into the bathroom," I said casually as I returned Evan's smile. "What?! No way." Layla said and lost her breath before watching where I'm looking at.

"Oh my god. Tell me Evan Carney was not checking me out right now." She laughed and bit her lip as we fastened out phase.

Evan Carney was not checking her out right now. It made me cringe.

"I knew the top would work. I look really good today right?" She sighed and that reminded me of last night. We entered the class and sat next to each other in the middle row.

"Why did you and Chelsey embarrass me next to Xavier and Luca." She narrowed her eyes at my words and I had a hard time understanding what was upsetting her.

"Can you answer me, please?" I asked and she sighed bothered by me. "We were just looking out for you Cassia. You don't wear stuff like that." She said like she actually believed that that was a valid point.

"Well, it made me feel insecure about myself and your boob comments embarrassed me next to others." She shrugged and opened her phone before starting to type. "Alright, we won't be honest with you next time then." I pursed my lips and looked away. I watched his steps as Luca entered the room and looked around.

He gave me a small smirk when his gaze landed on me. He looked at me up and down before biting his lip surprisedly and sat down. I don't think it had a dirty meaning behind it, he was just not expecting it.

It was finally lunchtime and I did not want to sit next to Xavier. But I'll have to bear with it if I can't find an escape.

"Cassia!" I stopped in my tracks before I could walk to the cafeteria. I did not want to face him but I know there's no point in running away when I know he's going to catch me. I turned around as I breathed heavily and stared up into his eyes. He was looking at the ground.

"Look, I'm sorry." He said breathlessly and tried to reach out to me but I took a step back. I don't want him to touch me with the hands he used to please other women when he had me. That would be insulting my worth.

"Okay..." I muttered and crossed my arms. I felt safe wearing Luca's shirt because I know that he doesn't like Xavier. "I forgive you," I added but I hope he knows that it doesn't mean I also forget.

"Really? Thank you, baby, I'll make it right this-..." I pushed his chest away from me when he almost embraced me in a hug and stepped away from him. I could see a few people watching us and chatting.

"I don't want you back. Go get with Kylie when you still have a chance. I'll never take you back." I let out determinedly and he frowned at me. He frowned like I just insulted him.

"Cassia. Let's just fucking talk about this." He grasped my wrist again before my reflexes kicked in and I flinched.

The next second I saw another arm reach out to grab Xavier's wrist and he twisted it to the side.

"She doesn't want you, asshole. Drop that fucking hand before I break it." Luca said keeping the same look in his eyes when I first caught him being himself.

***

How many kids do ya'll think Rex and Arabella has?

Cuz they all might have a book