XVI- Save me

Luca's POV

"Cassia." I let out breathlessly and watched as she avoided my gaze at all costs. What the fuck happened to her? I took another step forward and she tried taking one back which resulted in her back hitting a desk. "What's..." I didn't even know what to say but I made my voice as soft and gentle as possible.

I don't know what to do or what to say. How does one deal with giving comfort? I wanted to make her feel safe with me like nothing could hurt her but she just completely changed today. I watched as her breathing turned into panting.

So I just did what my dad does when my mama's angry.

I gently grabbed her waist and pulled her to me before wrapping my arms around her shoulders and leaning my head down on her shoulder. She smelled good. I don't know if it's being creepy to sniff her when she's this upset and shocked but she smells so heavenly and I can't get enough.

I don't want to forget.

I felt her raise her tired arms hesitantly and wrap them around my torso before also leaning her head down on my chest. The action was so simple and casual yet it made me nervous. I didn't know what to do from now. Do I keep holding on or pull away?

I think I should let her do the deciding and take advantage of the time I have touching her before it ends.

Lucian would bash the fuck out of me with teasing and insulting if he saw the position I'm standing in right now. Not that I'm a player like him or anything, I just don't like wasting my time with anyone. I live with the action and will leave anyone who doesn't like it without a doubt.

I don't care about friends. The closer they are the more likely they'll disappoint you and I won't deal with any of that.

But Cassia I want around.

I want her to stick with me for as long as she wants to.

Right, when I closed my eyes to get lost in her, I felt her inhale deeply and a smile crept up my lips for some reason. I liked it.

Looks like I'm not the only creep.

She pulled her head back slightly when she realized and so did I. My hands-on her shoulders dropped down to her waist and I wrapped them around it. I looked down at her and one of my hands left her waist to cup her neck and trace my thumb across her jaw.

She's so beautiful and nobody notices. I don't fucking get how people could hurt her either.

"What?" She asked quietly, her voice shaky like she was holding herself the whole day. I watched her eyes and the expressions she made. She looked scared like she had to look over her shoulder every two fucking minutes and that makes me mad.

I wanted the people around me to be scared of me. I want them to think a thousand times before walking up and speaking to me but I didn't want Cassia to be afraid. I don't like seeing her afraid at all. Now looking at her expressions and how she paled makes me want to call in a favor from Lucian to find whoever did this to her. But I know it won't stop the fear.

And I can't do one thing about it.

I got a clue about what happened but I won't ask her. I'm afraid she'll break down on me and push me away if I do. I don't want her to push me away too. "They can't hurt you now, Cassia. I'm here now." I said as I narrowed my eyes and she watched me carefully.

"They're all afraid of me," I said as I slightly squeezed her waist uncontrollably because I was enraged and it wasn't making it any better when she stared at me, crestfallenly.

But one thing I didn't expect her to do was to get on her tippy toes and touch her soft lips to mine once more.

She didn't taste like strawberry candy anymore, she tasted blue. I tasted the salty tears that left her eyes all yesterday night. Her eyes were puffy and glossy now.