XLIII-Her

Please vote & comment & follow me

I watched with a feeling in my chest as Luca walked past me. I didn't even want to know what he was supposed to do but Alexandra didn't let me overthink about it.

"Do you... Work out?" She asked as she narrowed her eyes judging and I shook my head. She raised her eyebrows and widened her eyes before zoning out and staring at the wall for a few minutes. "Alright then, I'll train you."

I choked on the water I had been drinking as she zoned out and turned away to cough my insides out. Train me? "No, thank you. That's a sweet offer." I said as I tried giving her a genuine smile before biting on my lip. She rolled her eyes at me and sighed.

"I didn't fucking ask. Do you want to be one of us? Well, you can't." She said as she stood straight and stopped leaning on the cabinet. I had a feeling that she wasn't speaking that way to make me feel bad. She was serious and only said it for my safety. It still hurt.

"Not like that." She said as her eyes did a full take on me. "No offense. You're gorgeous but you look like you'd fold in half if I were to even smack you." She folded her arms in front of me and watched as my expression fell.

I wasn't a skinny girl but I had no muscle either. Alexandra on the other hand also didn't look like she was strong enough to take down someone. However, she did look like she could make anyone fall for her with ease.

I have a feeling that I'm really underestimating her.

Luca's POV

Why is it always me who has to get their hands dirty?

I took a deep breath before walking downstairs and heard footsteps follow behind me.

I stopped in my tracks and turned around before twisting the door handle. I narrowed my eyes and leaned my back on the door as the people approached me again.

" Didn't think you'd be here today," I said in a sigh and placed my fists in my pockets. Asshole Lucian didn't warn me about my grandfather and uncle being here. I knew my mama would be here but I didn't put much thought into it.

I knew they would nag me and so did Lucian.

"You sure do have a different taste than the rest of your family," Elias, who is my mother's brother, said as he leaned on the wall opposite side of me. I raised one of my eyebrows and nodded quietly. "Don't worry, I won't go up to her. I just wanted to fill you in about what happened last." He said before sighing and messed up his hair from the stress.

I knew some bad shit was happening which is a part of the reasons why I didn't want Cassia in this place yet. Mom and dad had many enemies which actually didn't really matter since they're nothing compared to us.

However, they did have one person who managed to escape.

"You got one of Lorenzo's men but don't you think it was too easy to get to him? You got him in what-?... Thirty minutes? It should've been impossible to get to his crudes." My mother sighed as she laid back on the wall next to me. She was the one who usually made the plans along with Elias. My father, usually, didn't deal with the problems and focused on our profit.

Now they didn't bother showing up since they live in Romania. That's when Lucian took over with Darius. Darius came up with plans while Lucian took care of basically everything else. Darius didn't really enjoy working here and we all worried about him leaving one day although I knew my mother would let him. She didn't care about what we did as long as we were happy.

"So I say just to reach his limit. We'll see if he gives an inch. If not then we're in deep shit." Elias licked his lips before leaning up again. He gave me a pat on the shoulder before walking away once more.

"How did we even let him leave?" I watched as my mother walked over to his place and crossed her arms as she watched me. I felt really bad about it though, I hate admitting it.

None of us were really like our parents except for the short temper we all share. I liked being messed with so I can play games with people but my parents will not take it for granted.

They get furious.

"I don't think you should bring the girl here for a while. We could wait till all this ends and then I can meet her. How will you keep up with the gang and her?" I stumbled at the question. I've been thinking about it a lot. I knew I have to decide with my choice soon. The gang hasn't been a really important part of my life like Darius but I still liked working here unlike him.

But in the end, none of it matters but her.

Everyone will see how truly enraging I could get and that's what Lucian is annoyed about. He doesn't want me to be like him.

He doesn't want me to end up like him.

"I know. She was just curious and I couldn't think of a better time to bring her here." I responded and she nodded at me.

The next second her hand came in contact with my cheek and my head spun to the side with the slap.

"Mama!" I held my cheek angrily as she glared down at me. My mom was all nice to people who didn't know her and I love her more than anything but she is very aggressive to say the least.

"That's for not telling me anything. I had to find out from Lucian that you basically kidnapped the girl because I've been receiving threats from her family." She pointed her finger at me with eyes full of rage which made me take a step back. But there was the wall behind me.

Nowhere to run...

"Ma-..." This time my head spun to the left as she slapped me once more on my right cheek. I dug my nails in my palm as I squeezed my hands in fists.

The anger came back like it never left.

"And that was for not telling me you're going to tell her about us. I would've fucking gotten myself ready to speak to her, you moron." She pushed at my chest and I looked up at her with my head bent forward. I could see her lips twitch at my angry reactions because she wanted to laugh.

"Aș vrea să-mi cer scuze." I said before she started walking towards me once more. Apparently, my apologies weren't enough. Right when she raised her hand once more mine reach out to grasp it.

"Îmi cer sincer scuze. Nu am să mai fac." I said in a breath as she watched my face. She seemed satisfied with my pleading this time as she took a step back. Although, she also seemed like she wanted to laugh about how formal my apology was. She held my hand which was grasping on hers.

"You better not do it again. Now I'm going to see what Ila's been up to. I heard she's training Cassia." I narrowed my eyes at her. I swear if Ila hurts her-...

The next second my mother hit my diaphragm lightly to go easy on me but it still knocked out my breath.

"That was because I felt like it. I really like Cassia by the way. Don't let anything happen to her." She told me with a small smile before leaving and I bit my head in deep thought as she left.

I won't ever let anything happen to her...

***

3 Chapters left ya'll