XII- Hold on tight

Please vote & comment & follow me

"Cassia!" I stopped in my tracks as I started walking to the exit.

All-day, I couldn't stop thinking of Luca! It's honestly getting so annoying how curious I am about where he's going and will be bringing me. Just when I thought nothing could ruin my good mood life had other plans as always.

"Hey," I said when Chelsey and Layla walked next to me. They didn't give me judging looks now. They looked at me and acted like actual friends but I know better now. All they've ever done with us being friends was to use me to keep a connection with the football team and now they want to be friends with the untouchable boys.

I'm not having it this time and I won't let them use me.

"Hi," I replied softly and turned around.

"We were surprised when you didn't join us at lunch," Chelsey said with a small giggle and I grabbed my forearm with my opposite hand. I nodded and saw Luca walking in my direction. He gave me a wink before walking past us and I panicked.

Would he wait for me or just drive away without me?

"Well, we were wondering if you wanted to hang out today. If you didn't make any plans with other people." I tried not to look away because I knew they would be able to see through my lies immediately if I tried to break eye contact. So I just stared at Chelsey as I spoke.

"My parents are only letting me use the library now after the party incident which I'm sure you know about. I was going to go there to finish my project. Sorry." I added and tried to make the lie as believable as possible.

I don't lie, like ever.

The number of lies I've told in the past two weeks because of Luca seem insane if you know me in real life.

But I like lying for him.

And I think I would rather keep lying than getting people involved between us.

"Alright. History project then right? We'll join you with Chelsey and finish it quicker. I'll drive you back and we'll get milkshakes from your favorite place on the way." Layla smiled at me after finishing speaking and I was speechless for how far they would go to search my mouth. It was honestly more concerning than it worried me.

"I was uh... going to grab a drink right now actually. Maybe I'll just work there." I replied as I pointed back and raised my eyebrows at them. I'm giving them all the clues that I don't want to hang out beside my parents completely grounding me but they still stayed strong.

Desperate would be a better wording choice...

"That's fine too with us, right Chels? We just want to see how you actually are without Xavier and you didn't even join us at lunch today which worried us, Cassie." Layla still kept the conversation going and pouted as she spoke but she gave me the perfect excuse.

"Well yeah, Luca forced Kai to invite me to their table and, you know me, I couldn't say no to him. It's not like he gave me a choice anyway, he just grabbed my bag and led me out there... But I just want to be alone for now if that's okay. You guys have fun, I'll talk to you later." I said before giving them a small smile and walked away to the exit.

I exhaled loudly and grabbed my chest as I walked out with a large grin.

I've always hated lying but why did it feel so good?

I was right, after all, Luca did not wait for me.

I sighed in disappointment and pushed my hair away from my face before walking in the direction of my house. I borrowed Luca's phone during lunch to call my dad and tell him I'm at the library after school. It took a while to convince him but he gave in when he heard about the 'special credit' the teacher was going to give me.