XXXVIII- Lucian and secrets

Please vote comment & follow me

"She's probably in shock from trauma, Frate." I heard Lucian tell Luca who had been trying to get me to speak for the past hour because I couldn't stop trembling. At first, they apparently loaded my bags to the car as my father was yelling at me, and then Luca just... Saved me.

He kept his promise.

"Explain how she looks right now," Lucian said with the accent dripping from his words. I tried to stop my trembling but it was no use. Luca inspected my whole body once more.

"Rapid breathing, pale skin, her whole body is trembling and pupils are enlarged." He explained and bit his bottom lip before sighing. "I think you should pull up somewhere and I'll get her some water while you pull out the glass," Luca explained and I watched as Lucian rolled his eyes.

We were at the backseat of the car as Lucian drove. "Lay her down. Give her other clothes from the bag if her dress is tight and you can't let her eat or drink anything. I'll pull up to the near gas station." Lucian explained as he thought deeply and I was surprised at how smart he sounded.

Not that I think he's stupid. He's just a man of a few words, that's why. Just like Luca.

So Luca followed everything Lucian said and grabbed a gym bag from the ground that wasn't mine. He sighed before taking off his shirt and making me wear it but I was confused. He grabbed the large shirt from the bag and wore it which was oversized for him.

The next second Lucian laughed loudly and parked the car. "You could've just given her my washed shirt, Frate. No need to be so insecure." Lucian spoke before opening the door and getting out. He opened the door on my side and I watched him with wide eyes as he picked me up this time.

"I don't think she's in shock, Luca. You're lucky," Luca opened the trunk and Lucian placed me down in a sitting position.

"Why didn't I carry her." Luca rolled his eyes as he crossed his arms in his chest. I almost smiled at how childish the movement was, he made it look cute.

Lucian pulled my hands towards him and turned them. "Go buy a fucking tweezer and some light Luca." Lucian placed his arms on either side of me and caged me which made me stare at Luca.

I didn't feel uncomfortable but I didn't like the position I'm in either. I was still scared of Lucian. Luca clenched his teeth and nodded. "Don't vorbi aiurea." It was getting annoying how he spoke in another language to keep stuff from me.

"Pe bune? Las-o baltă," Lucian rolled his eyes and stepped away from me before raising his hands in the air. "Her hands are still bleeding. Get a first aid kit as well." Lucian leaned his back next to me, to the car this time and Luca nodded before leaving.

"I swear sometimes I think I'm the only smart one in the family, Floare." He raised his hips and sat next to me. I bit my bottom lip and realized that I had stopped trembling.

"Don't call me Floare," I said sternly and he raised one eyebrow as he moved his head to the side to stare at me. "That's what Luca calls me." He rolled his eyes and let out a bitter laugh.

"I don't understand love, it's just so fucking unnecessary." He said annoyedly and this time I moved my head to stare at him. I've never met anyone so... Cold. Sure Luca was like that at the start but Lucian is different. I don't understand him.

I don't want to understand him.

"Like if I were to hurt you right now he'd fight me. His blood and flesh. It makes you fucking stupid without a single care. But the end is always the same, Cassia." He let out breathlessly. When I called Luca a manipulator it's because I've never met the true form of Lucian.

He's getting into my head without trying.

I would've been affected by his words of Luca didn't warn me about him.

"He'll break your heart." Lucian smiled at me and I narrowed my eyes as my lips started trembling again. I don't like Lucian.

He's not the attractive kind of dangerous like Luca, he's the once you get a taste I'll make you regret it kind of danger.

"How do you know? What if I break him?" I asked confidently and he raised one dark eyebrow. His hair was darker than all his siblings just like his soul. His lips pulled up into a smirk which made his dimples show and I was at a loss for words at his expression.

"You think I'd let you? That's cute. I like you." He said as he slid off the car and crossed his arms as he laid his back on the car again.

I don't like him at all.

Luca was back the next second which is probably why Lucian moved away from me. Lucian pulled out the glass from my hands and inspected it as well. "Luca the doc could just check her hands to see if there's any glass inside the skin. I'll wrap it up, make sure you don't move it too much." He told me and I was curious about how much he knew about the medical stuff.

"Are you a doctor?" I asked and Luca was surprised about me speaking up again. He probably thought he'd have to hold me till I was comfortable enough to speak again and I thought the same. Lucian narrowed his eyes with a small smile before speaking.

"I guess you could say that." He said with a small nod and this time I narrowed my eyes. What does he mean? It was a simple yes or no question.

"Lucian graduated med school but he doesn't work as a doctor. He only went to med school so mamá would like him better anyway." Luca shrugged and Lucian pushed him back.

"I went to med school because she couldn't. Didn't drop out after high school like a useless bitch." Lucian told him and I widened my eyes. Who dropped out?

"Luca, you're not going to college?" I asked loudly and he shook his head. I was going to smile but my composure held me back.

"It's pointless for me." He shrugged and I thought I should let the conversation end right there because I want to talk about this privately. "Come on." I also slid off the car and Luca pushed the shirt I'm wearing down so it would cover everything.

I tried keeping my hands still and looked at the bandages on them as we sat down in the car again. Luca had gotten me water and I drank a little bit before staring up at him.

I don't know where they're taking me, I could be dropped into a ditch tonight but I honestly don't care. I took out my phone and messaged him so Lucian wouldn't notice. Luca raised an eyebrow when he felt his phone buzz and took it out of his pocket.

He read my message and licked his lips before grabbing my arm. He pulled me into his chest and wrapped both arms around me as he cradled me like a baby. "I love you, Floare." He whispered it to my ear so Lucian wouldn't hear and left a kiss on my cheek before pulling back. It stung my skin and I wanted him to keep kissing me.

"Where am I taking her Luca? She needs to scan her hands." Luca clenched his teeth before thinking.

"Can it wait till tomorrow?" he asked and Lucian shook his head. He bit his lip and nodded. "Hospital it is then." He said as he watched my face and I narrowed my eyes. Why was he contemplating about where he was going to take me?

"I should just take her there Luca, it's not like a thing you can keep hiding." Lucian rolled his eyes again and I made myself comfortable in Luca's chest.

"No. Stop talking about it." I could tell Lucian was furious because Luca was ordering him when he licked his lips and pulled the bottom one behind his teeth. The anger issues on that one...

So I did end up going to the er and got my hand scanned which turned out to be nothing.

The glass wasn't inside my hand so I didn't need surgery but I did need a therapist to talk to about how angry I am with Luca.

I hate knowing he's keeping everything from me, it angers me.

If he doesn't tell me then I won't have any problems finding it out myself, no matter how angry he gets in the end.

***

Hope you enjoyed