Chapter Four: Jiwa

After dinner, Hikaru felt exhausted and sleepy again. Noon decided to tell him about Jiwa later. However, Hikaru was already curious. So, Noon simply told him that Jiwa means 'soulmate'. Noon then advised Hikaru not to be apart from Hyde for too long and make sure to bring Hyde with him if he wished to go somewhere. Hikaru pouted and nodded at Noon's words. Just telling him bits of information was even meaner than not telling him at all!

Oh well. He still have time to ask Noon. Maybe he should ask Hyde. It would be faster that way. Hikaru retreated to his room and sat on the edge of the bed. His eyelids were heavy, but his mind was in full throttle. All of these questions, but he was left with very little answer.

First, Noon said that Hyde was Hikaru's Jiwa. Jiwa means soulmate. But, he was a guy, though!

Ah. In this world, there was no male or female. Just Uruz and Fehu. That means that he needed to marry Hyde in the future?!

Lol.

No.

It would be awkward for him and Hyde tomorrow, right? They just met today, and suddenly was told that they were meant for each other. Where's the romance? The fluffy and heartfelt moments of falling in love?

...

Eh?

Wait a minute.

Why had his heart already acknowledged considered Hyde as his future husband? Wasn't he too good at adapting into weird situations? Eh? Wasn't this too fast?

Ah. Whatever.

Hikaru dismissed his running thoughts and decided to call off the day. He slipped under his blanket and closed his eyes. For now, he still needed to recover his strength for him to be helpful for Hyde tomorrow. Maybe if he felt better tomorrow, he would ask Hyde to help him find a job.

•°•°•☆•°•°•

Just like what Hikaru predicted last night, it was awkward for him and Hyde that morning. When they were aware of each other, they could help but acting like two high schooler in love. It was a weird psychological phenomenon, Hikaru thought as if he was trying to validate what he felt when he was around Hyde.

"There was one, right? They called it 'profiling' or something," Hikaru whispered.

What Hikaru meant was actually 'priming', not 'profiling'.

Hyde's sapphire eyes suddenly met Hikaru's onyx eyes, making the two of them flustered and looked away. Hyde silently sighed. He was glad to find his Jiwa, especially when in Avalleon, to find one's Jiwa was considered very important. They said that meeting one's Jiwa is a life changing experience, while marrying them was a step to a lifelong happiness.

That what his fathers told him when he was a kid. Watching them together for years, Hyde could feel that his late mother was the source of their happiness. They would always told Hikaru about his late father and mother while wearing a happy face. Even if the two were already turned into stars, his two remaining fathers kept the memories of them in their hearts. Growing up, Hyde had always wished to have a happy family with trusted Jiwa and Partners, just like his parents.

After chopping off the vegetables and slicing the meat, Hyde skilfully cracked three eggs for the omelette he was going to make. To help Hikaru recovered his strength, he thought that he should paired the omelette with the filling red bread. After all, they said that a hearty breakfast led a fulfilling day.

Hyde plated the omelette and bread in two servings and slowly putting it on the dining table. He smiled at Hikaru and asked him to try it. Hikaru returned his smile and slowly cut the omelette before shoving it in his mouth. His face gradually brightened up.