Chapter Twenty Three: Black Hood

The hustle and bustle at the crowded dining area inside Ametrine Cafe never slowed as the customers who was looking for a place to have their lunch kept on going in, and they didn't even gave the cafe staffs a break. It was the usual situation every weekend because there were a lot of people spent their precious off day in the town square. Because Ametrine was located in the middle of the shop area, it had became the centre of the attention of the town square visitors to fill their tummy.

Hyde who usually left the job of serving customers to his trusted employees had to help them today. Unfortunately for the quiet and awkward man, he had to get used to the flirty Fehus catcalling him again whenever he caught their eyes. The Uruzes sometimes gave him the bitter glares each time they saw a Fehu tried their luck to get into his pants. He wondered whether to bring Hikaru sometimes to Ametrine to fend off the bugs that was annoyingly trying to stick to him. However, his idea of making Hikaru his bug repellent died out when he recalled the curious eyes of a few Uruzes towards Hikaru every time he brought the boy to town.

Being Jiwas were not going to help them fend off other people who were interested in them.

"Maybe I should quickly propose to Hikaru..." whispered Hyde while drowning in his thoughts about his beloved soulmate that he left at home. Hyde sighed when he was thinking about how lucky Noon and Reese were at home, tending to the blooming Hikaru. Hikaru was so adorable and coquettish last night, that Hyde felt regretful being apart from him.

While the bluish silver haired guy daydreaming about his Jiwa, a rough voice could be heard, talking with his friend not far from where Hyde was standing. Both of the men was rough looking, and were wearing the uniform of the infamous Royal Knights. Hyde frowned his forehead.

Just when he was looking at the two men's direction, a pair of customers next to the two men waved at him. Hyde wore a friendly smile and quickly went to the couple to take their orders.

"The kid got away! Too bad that he was too traumatised to say anything now," said the long bearded Uruz with a shook of his head while munching away his spring roll.

The words were spoken quietly so that no one could hear, but Hyde was standing so close to them that he could hear them loud and clear.

"Those Black Hoods... What do you think they did to the young Fehus? You don't think that they..." The younger knight gulped down his saliva nervously. He shuddered when he thought about the fate of the young Fehus that were kidnapped by the evil organisation.

The bearded knight shook his head, feeling helpless. "What else would they do to those Fehus? There were a lot of sick people in this world. I heard that there were people who love to collect young Fehus to be their playthings. They even use the Fehus as a trade item to do their business."

"But why only the youngsters? A lot of them haven't even bloomed yet." The younger knight gritted his teeth in anger. His thought flew to his young children at home. Any parents would be very devastated if their child was kidnapped and sold like they were things with no soul. He shook his head.

"How would I know how those crazy people's mind's work?" The older knight grumbled. He roughly exhaled his breath and drank all of the drink from his glass. "People were willing to do anything for power, I guess."

Hyde shuddered at the thought of what had happened to those kids. He quickly erased the thoughts and prayed that the kids were safe and were rescued quickly. He needed to keep his eyes on Hikaru just in case so that those Black Hoods or any bad guys won't touch him.

•°•°•☆•°•°•

Hikaru found out that the best way he could control which mana he could absorb without sucking out the mana from his Jiwas' body was through directly sucking it using his mouth. When he put the mana crystal on his mouth and sucked it like he was drinking something, the mana from the crystal came out and gushing into his mouth directly. He could feel any mana rushing in from his other parts of his body, indicating that he didn't absorb any mana from Reese or Noon.

That means, he could go anywhere he wanted to without having to depend on those three!

Oh~ What a sweet sense of accomplishment~

"Good job, Hikaru!" complimented Reese while patting and rubbing Hikaru's head.

Hikaru smile in content.

"Pfft! PUHAHAHAHAH!!"

Both Hikaru and Noon turned their head in Reese's direction at the same time. Reese was pressing his stomach while laughing hard until his eyes were brimming in tears. He tried to stop laughing, but failed. Noon sighed at the sight and slowly picking up a cushion before throwing it straight towards Reese's laughing face.

"Stop laughing, you idiot! Also! You're loud!" Noon shouted in annoyance.

Reese wiped his tears, still laughing. "B- but, Ruru's looked like a baby, sucking the mana so cutely- Pfft!"

Once again, Reese guffawed like someone was tickling his sides relentlessly. Hikaru pouted and ignored the still laughing Reese and continue his practice. Today, he felt extra emotional and decided to ignore the amused Reese as long as the redhead still making him angry and sulking.

Hikaru turned away from Reese with difficulties when he felt sharp pain around his hips. Hikaru's pout became longer, and his forehead creased even deeper.

"Reese's fault!" grumbled Hikaru, annoyed.

Reese didn't hear that though. So, he kept on amusing himself. Before Hikaru could do anything, Noon had already smacked Reese's head with a cushion as punishment for making fun of Hikaru. Reese wanted to protest, but one sentence from Hikaru made him pale.

"Reese, sleep on the couch tonight," said Hikaru with a cold voice and cold expression.

"Ehhh??!!! Noooo~!"

Hikaru ignored Reese's whine and raised his hands towards Noon. "Hold me."

Without any question, Noon picked Hikaru up into his arms and stroked the boy's small back comfortingly. He shifted his gaze towards the pouting Reese and shook his head in pity.

"That's why you don't anger our sweet little Jiwa when he was in this sensitive period, kiddo," advised Noon while giving Reese a sympathetic look. He could deceive the redhead though, because Reese could see Noon's kitty tail swaying around in joy, as if mocking the younger Partner.

"You should warn me earlier, idiot!" Reese roared in frustration. Noon tried to muffled his laugh, but Hikaru could hear it clearly. The boy giggled in amusement while tightening his hold around Noon's neck.

"I like Noon," Hikaru mumbled with his face hiding in between Noon's neck and shoulder.

Noon could feel his heart growing flowers, complete with singing birds and fluttering butterflies. He felt like he was in the cloud nine when his loveable Jiwa softly planted a sweet kiss in the nook of his neck. Noon responded to the kiss by pressing his lips on Hikaru's blue flower mark. That action gave Hikaru warmth and shivers along his spine.

"Do you feel fine? Are you hurting anywhere?" Noon slowly whispered into Hikaru's left ears, sending sparks throughout the latter's body.

The younger guy could feel his blood rushing to his face, so he hid his entire reddish face into Noon's neck. "My hips hurt..." he mumbled softly.

Noon chuckled. "Let's apply the salve again."

Hikaru nodded his head slowly before peeking at Reese who was whining on the couch. A slight curve showing on his lips before Hikaru erased it and replacing it with a stern face.

"Reese, stay! Be good!" ordered Hikaru while pointing his index finger towards Reese's direction.

Reese nodded obediently, causing Hikaru to smile. After that, Noon brought the younger guy into Hyde's room to apply some ointment on Hikaru's aching spots.

--------A/N-------- 

I remember that I was really regretting the moment after I introduced the Black Hoods. Like, what the hell?! I thought my brain and I had already agreed that IH should be a slice-of-life story, maybe a story with no plot whatsoever, just loads of fluffs and sweets! I thought I should just put random dog foods everywhere and write whatever I wanted.

And now, I have to purposely create conflicts.

I'm fine, tho. I'm fine... 😀