Chapter Five: Light

It was a peaceful day. Hikaru was helping Hyde harvesting some herbs and weird vegetables in the garden. It seemed like Hyde was very protective of his veggies because that was the first time Hikaru saw the crazy look in Hyde's eyes when he found out that there were pests having a festival in his garden. In a few seconds, the pests were taken care of by Hyde using a weird device that were actually a pebble on a holder that shooed all the pests away. When Hikaru asked Hyde about that device, Hyde told them that it was actually the heart of Cleye, a tiny bug eating slug that could be as big as an adult palm when they were full. The mana from Cleye still remained even after they died, so it was used as a pests repellent as most insects were easily overwhelmed by the mana from their said predator. Besides the killer aura from Hyde, it was still a peaceful day.

Not.

Reese's arrival was announced by his trademark loud voice, calling for his favourite bro, Hyde. Hyde kindly greeted Reese with his big brotherly smile. The redhead was still loved to glare 'passionately' at Hikaru. It was a little unsettling, if you asked him.

Hikaru smiled politely at Reese anyway, while saying good morning to the grumpy kitty. He was less intimidating when Hikaru quickly noticed the cute lion-like tail swinging around happily whenever Reese saw Hyde.

"Did you come to help us?" Hyde asked Reese without looking while he was moving around the garden, pulling out the weeds that was sneakily trying to conquer his precious little garden.

Hikaru saw Reese's pupils were trembling nervously. The black haired teen secretly giggled at Reese's reaction. When Hyde took a glance at Reese, the younger one forced a smile and happily nodded. He quickly took a watering can and helped Hyde to water the vegetation. Hikaru saw the playful smirk on Hyde's face. Hyde noticed him watching, so he placed his index finger on his full lips while smiling. Hikaru giggled again.

Hikaru continued digging the ground to harvest some kind of tuber vegetable that was kind of similar to golden potato. It was shining after he wiped off the dirt from its skin, like a polished apple. It was simply an amazing sight for Hikaru. He tried to ignore the grumpy redhead's death glare, but it was bugging him, after all.

Instead of running away or just plainly ignoring the 19 year-old kid, Hikaru took a decision to face him. He slowly moved towards Reese who was still staring at him. Reese flinched at Hikaru's sudden action. Hikaru gifted him a friendly smile and asked,

"You really love Hyde, huh?"

Reese puffed his chest out and smirked proudly. "Of course!"

Hikaru thought that Reese's reaction was so adorable, so he chuckled. Reese glared in annoyance at Hikaru and huffed.

"Sorry... What made you love him? Because he's kind to you?" Hikaru asked again.

Reese looked offended. "C'mon! Hyde's not just kind! He's considerate and gentle! He's also cool, and loves to pat my head! He's not annoying as that idiot Noon and he's quiet. He never nags me or get mad at everything I do like that poopy head Noon! He-"

Hikaru was distracted by Reese's crimson lion tail which was wagging non-stop while the guy's mouth kept on praising his big bro. It was fun and funny to watch. Hikaru's smile widened as his gaze moved to Reese's excited face. He realized that he never looked at Reese's face carefully. Heck, he never did look at any other people's faces properly.

Reese had a boyish face and charms in every aspect of his body and personalities. His tanned, sweaty skin was like melted chocolate, with his slightly, but not too little muscular arms and abdominal muscle clearly defined when his damp sleeveless shirt sticking on his body. Paired with his crimson hair, his whole shade of red existence is literally the definition of hot. Like the temperature, although one could not deny that he was indeed an attractive young man. Only his lilac eyes contrasting his warm shades brought down his temperature a little bit, making him looked a little tamed.