Chapter Fifteen: His Important Person

The sound of people groaning, moaning and grunting in pain were echoing inside the room. It was a petrifying and nerve-racking sight to witness. There was around six to seven badly injured patients crowding the 16×20 ft. treatment room, where the rest was just having light injuries. Thankfully, they had enough beds for the badly injured patients, although they had to squeeze in some space for the other patients.

The first thing Hikaru did when he arrived in the room was to look for Reese, just in case he had to prepare himself for the worst. Fortunately, the redhead wasn't there. Noon patted Hikaru's head and told him not to worry because even though Reese was an idiot, he was good in fight.

Noon's brief reassurance calmed his heart for a bit, but he was still worried about Reese. He needed to see with his own eyes that that idiot was safe and sound for him to stop worrying.

However, for now, he needed to focus on the patients in front of him. Hikaru was running all over the place, helping Noon and the rest with what he could. He helped them treating the lightly injured first and moved fast to lend his hands to those three.

Then, out of the blue, a shout from the outside rang into everybody's ears. That loud voice jolted Hikaru on the spot.

"Clear the area!" ordered Noon with a shout.

Soon after, what worried Hikaru had came true. A lightly injured Uruz who was wearing knight outfit walked in limping while carrying a redhead who was wearing the same outfit as him. The redhead was severely injured, with blood gushing through the huge cut coming from his right leg.

Hikaru's brain was momentarily on pause mode while his heart was thumping loudly, reducing the sounds of his surroundings into a single muffled sound. He could feel his limbs turned ice cold. He stood there motionless as the unknown knight handed the limped body to Lyle and Noon, and they brushed pass him while moving the shambling redhead carefully to a flat surface.

He was scared. So scared. What if Noon suddenly told him that Reese was gone? He was terrified at the thought.

Hikaru was unable to breath as his eyes took the sight of Reese's lifeless hand when Noon was checking Reese's pulse. Noon was turning towards him in a slow motion.

"Get a grip, Hikaru! Move and help the others!"

Noon ear piercing shout had brought Hikaru to the real world. Hikaru flinched in surprise. His body was clearly trembling in fear.

"Y- yes, doctor..." Hikaru the scurried to the rest of the patients who needed treatments.

He had to pull himself together. He had a lot to do around here. They needed him. At least for now, Hikaru needed to be strong.

•°•°•☆•°•°•

It had already been six hours. Reese was still unconscious. The other badly hurt patients was slowly regaining their mana back, and that helped them to recover faster. However, Reese was still lying on his bed, unmoving.

Hyde arrived as soon as he got the words about Reese's injuries. He stayed there for more than two hours before Noon kicked him out for being a nuisance in the already crowded space. Noon sent Hyde to bring the news to Reese's grandparents, but considering the elders had physical restrictions, Noon told Hyde to tell them that they didn't have to worry.

Noon was right. Reese's condition was already stabilized as soon as his mana had turned into normal. Reese was exhausted, and that was the reason he hadn't wake up until now.

When the sick house was no longer in emergency state, Noon gave his employees permission to take a rest while he volunteered to observe the patients. Hikaru took this opportunity to stay by Reese's side.

The situation earlier made him realise how important Reese had become in his life during his 5 weeks being his friends. Their friendship was not as long as Reese's almost 20 years friendship with Noon and Hyde, but it felt longer than weeks.

Hikaru rested his face on Reese's left shoulder. He could see the rise and fall of Reese's chest. That was enough to calm his nerves down.

Maybe that was what his mother felt watching him sleeping. That cursed anxiety of not knowing that whether the person we care about would opened their eyes or would they saw a pale and icy body in return. It was frightening. That feeling was terrible.

Hikaru took Reese's bandaged hands, placing his thumb on the guy's wrist. His ears was on Reese's chest and picking the sound of his mate's heartbeats.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

It was consistent and steady. Good. That means he was in a good condition.

A slight movement from right under Hikaru made the boy jumped from his seat. Noon who was watching them also perked up.

"Ugh... I'm dying..." mumbled Reese with a crumpled face.

"You really was dying, idiot." Noon interrupted before Hikaru could even open his mouth. His tone was harsh, but his face was obviously not. It was the most gentle face that Hikaru had ever seen coming from Noon.

"I didn't see the mother bear was just around the corner! I didn't even know that it would get furious when all I did was giving its kids some food! Freaking ungrateful bastards!" Reese huffed in anger.

"Language!" warned Noon with an intimidating low voice.

Looking at the unfazed Reese, a defeated sigh escaped Noon nasal cavity. He shifted his head towards the smaller framed boy next to him and patted Hikaru's back.

"Can you give me a favour?" he asked.

Hikaru's eyebrows raised in curiosity. Noon rolled his eyes towards Reese for a moment and back to Hikaru.

"I don't trust Reese to be able to stay rested by himself-"

"Hey!" Reese protested.

"-and there was no way that his grandparents could take care of this big idiot, so I need you to keep a watchful eyes of him for me. Can you help me do that?"

Noon's eyes were full of anticipation that Hikaru couldn't possibly be able to say no to the guy. Not that Hikaru would say no. Reese looked so excited too, knowing that he wouldn't have to spend days recovering all by himself.

It looked like Reese would have a very good time with Hikaru as his playmat- uhh... I mean, companion during the recovery process.

--------A/N--------

*pout* I have to go to work tomorrow... *sobs* But, I don't wanna go to work........... uuuuggghhhhhhhh.... Anyways, I'm gonna post another chapter. Enjoy, mina-san~