Chapter Six: Two Blushing Boys

It was already two weeks since Hikaru arrived in Avalleon. He wanted to earn his own money, but Noon advised Hikaru to get some rest until his condition got better. Hikaru didn't think it will be better. Even without the lack of mana problem, his body was already weak. Even if his body had overcame changes, his problematic heart was still the same.

Hyde was worried about him too. He forbade Hikaru to go get a job, worrying that it would make Hikaru's health gets any worse. Didn't want to make Hyde worried, Hikaru obeyed Noon's advice to stay at home.

Although he sort of sick of people walking on eggshells around him.

Maybe Noon saw that Hikaru became really depressed after that talk. So, all of a sudden, Noon suggested that Hikaru went on an outing with Reese who was currently on a vacation.

"Only for a day," warned Noon with a serious face.

That made Hikaru lightened up. Noon made sure that Reese followed his instructions as to not make Hikaru too tired and to protect Hikaru. Truthfully, there was a lot of dos and don'ts that Hikaru lost his concentration halfway. Reese seemed a little annoyed with the naggings too.

"Is it okay for me to be far away from Hyde?" Hikaru asked.

"As long as there were any of us, you'll be fine..." Noon slowly said.

Hikaru tilted his head in confusion.

•°•°•☆•°•°•

The D-day is here!

Reese excitedly dragged Hikaru out of the house when the sun was up, and decided to take Hikaru to the outskirt of the town since Hikaru had already went to the town with Hyde last time.

During the one week after they became friends, Reese treated Hikaru as his playmate and often swung by Hyde's house to spend time with the younger boy. Sometimes, when Hikaru's body was in a good condition, Hikaru would follow Hyde to the cafe, which was named Ametrine Cafe. Being with Hyde is the most comfortable than lying at home alone, drinking glasses and glasses of Milk Dew like a new born baby. Reese would sometimes visit the cafe and spent his time there while his grandparents were 'on a date', as Reese always said while pouting. Hikaru thought that Reese was bored and lonely, that was why he kept on following Hyde or Hikaru.

Not that he mind. Well, that's how they became close, after all.

Back to the story.

To go to the outskirt, they would ride a huge, single horned lion. Reese proudly introduced Arveg the lion to Hikaru. Apparently, Arveg grew up with Reese and they were already like brothers. Hikaru giggled when he saw Arveg's tail and kept comparing it with Reese's. They were matching each other! He then greeted Arveg with the biggest smile that he could give.

Arveg was SO FLUFFY!!

His mane was shining under the sun light and so puffy, his fur were so thick and looked so soft. Hikaru's trembling hands were trying to reach the big lion, but Arveg avoided him. Hikaru tried a few times, but failed. It seemed like Arveg could sense Hikaru's obsession with fluff, so he was very wary of the boy.

"Hey, be nice to Hikaru. He's my friend," asked Reese while rubbing Arveg's snout. Arveg closed his eyes and rubbed his snout against Reese's hand.

After being satisfied by Reese's pettings, Arveg turned to the depressed Hikaru and nudged Hikaru's cheek as if trying to coax the teenager. Hikaru pouted and took a glance at Arveg. Arveg nudged Hikaru again, making the latter smiled. Hikaru quickly hugged Arveg's head and nuzzled his face into Arveg's mane. Arveg reluctantly let Hikaru had his moment.