S228(U13): It was meant to be a holiday

Author's note:

Hey everyone and welcome to the latest instalment of And You And I. My apologies for this being a week late, however, I needed to write the first (and only) chapter of the next update, to ensure everything flows nicely. I'll keep the rest of this short, so thank you to all my commenter's/reviewers and for all the votes and Kudos.

The title for this chapter is: It was meant to be a holiday, is taken from the opening line to the Rick Wright (read Pink Floyd) solo track Holiday and is fairly self-explanatory, given Shego is on vacation.

Enjoy.

##

The blazing sun hung high in the air, its rays falling upon The Atlantic Club; a rather exclusive resort in the Bahamas, baking everything below it to a crisp. Around the expansive swimming pool, any of the tiles that had not recently been doused in cool water were like hot coals to any naked foot that touched them, save one. The upshot being that any individual who had not the foresight to bring sandals with them, could be seen trying to hop deftly from foot to foot as they made their way to and from the pool, bar or wherever else they may be headed, letting out a string of light yelps as they went.

Clad in a black Country Club Banana bikini and a pair of thick-framed dark Ray Ban's, Shego reclined back on a sun lounger without a single care in the world. Enjoying day seven of her vacation every bit as much as she had day one. This is the life, she thought lazily, mind having tuned out to the comings and goings of the resort's other patrons, including those making the, 'oooh, ahhhh, haaaaa!' string of noises. No roll call, no prison slop for breakfast, lunch and dinner and best of all, no Bonnie, Brooks or Drakken. Ok, so that wasn't entirely accurate. She'd received a call from Bonnie last Thursday; day two of her vacation, the former cheerleader in the need of some semblance of sane conversation, which had again leaned more towards a therapy session; she should start charging. However, it had been the girl's old schoolyard nemesis that had featured far more prominently in Shego's thoughts. Heh, I recall when Kimmie used to make the list of things I was on vacation from. I wonder... did I ever really mean it? She pondered this for a moment and then laughed internally, yeah, I definitely did. Back in her high school days, little Miss Priss used to bug the hell out of me. Only that part of her personality seems to have been left in Middleton High. Whether she realises it or not yet, Kimmie's hardened a little over the past two years, making her far more interesting to be around.

Casting her gaze around for a moment, she located Ru-Ru atop the diving board. She watched him do a cannonball before closing her eyes, satisfied that he was keeping out of trouble. When they had arrived at the resort, Shego had needed to convince the manager, read bribe with a decent amount of money, to get him to allow the naked-mole-shark to stay, use the facilities as he wished and for the staff to serve him whatever he requested, which had turned out to be more ice cream and sodas than she could count. She'd then made it clear to him that if he lost his temper at anything and subsequently got them thrown out, there would be no trip to Holland. It had worked wonders and Ru-Ru had been on his best behaviour. The only incident to occur had been when some stuck-up rich kid had decided to kick the naked-mole-shark into the pool in order to impress his friends. Naturally, Ru-Ru had been livid, swam out with what Shego had assumed had been the intention of mauling the prick, only for her to intervene. Some heated words later and she'd tossed the kid in the pool herself, putting an end to the matter.

Soaking up the early afternoon rays, Shego reached out a hand, picked up her pina colada and took a refreshing mouthful. Since she had arrived, she'd found her mind wandering to her frenemy at least once per day and surprised herself by just how little she had thought about them fighting, either past or future. And she had spent many occasions thinking about their last encounter. She found her mind wandering to it again; replaying events that two months ago she would only have thought possible had she been once more turned into Miss Go.