288

Lisa stretched out his hand and stroked Jennie's ink black hair, "This is a given."

Actually, the thing that Jennie admired the most about Lisa was his ability to draw a fine line between love and hate. When someone was right, they were right; when someone was wrong, they were wrong. He was firm on his decisions and never beat around the bush; he was always clear-cut.

That's why she was suited to the entertainment industry.

She was suited to the life of accompanying Lisa in this unstable industry. And all he wanted to do was to present her with glory.

After returning to the hotel, Jennie sat by Lisa's side as she kept him company while he read through his documents. Lisa turned his head to look at Jennie's semi-closed eyes and laughed, "You have an interview with Claude.N tomorrow. Hurry and get some rest..."

"I want to hug you to sleep," Jennie replied with a raspy voice.

Lisa glanced at the documents in front of him before helping Jennie up and leading her to the bed. After sitting down on the bed, he patted his chest, "Come here..."

Jennie flipped aside the blankets and lay beside Lisa as she wrapped her arms around his waist.

Lisa embraced her with one arm and read through his documents with the other. However, after reading one page, he realized he had no way of flipping to the next...

Jennie held his arm tightly in place; it seemed she was doing it on purpose...

Lisa understood her intention and put down his documents before giving Jisoo a phone call.

"President, Director Ceng has come looking for me quite a few times. He wants to invest in 'Stupid' on behalf of Baiyou Film and Television. But, from what I see, this is his son, J-King's idea."

"We already have sufficient funds for 'Stupid'. If he comes looking for you again, you can directly turn him away..." Lisa replied in a deepened voice.

"But, he is a shareholder of Manoban Entertainment. Plus, he has already given 3.2% of the shares to his son, J-King. It appears J-King wants to get involved in Manoban Entertainment's operations. I can't guarantee that he won't make a move again in future."

"Perhaps my recent actions have made them think I've been blinded by love and that their opportunity has come."

"President, I am merely reporting this incident to you. It is not enough to make you worry," Jisoo immediately explained.

"Keep an eye on their every move..."

After speaking, Lisa hung up his phone and placed it gently on top of the bedside table.

Hugging Jennie, he lay back down. In the darkness, his eyes fired up; there always had to be a few greedy people that wanted control over Manoban Entertainment's operations.

Did they think just because he was Jennie's manager, he wouldn't be able to manage Manoban Entertainment?

Were they questioning his capability?

...

7pm in France; 8am in Beijing.

This was the first night Suzy officially moved into Minh'os home. Of course, nothing happened; she slept in the guest room.

Suzy woke up early in the morning before she heard Minho's bedroom door open not long after. She spotted Minho wearing a pair of boxers as he entered the kitchen.

Minho was a little surprised; he never expected Suzy to wake up so early. He immediately ran back into his room and put on a robe before reappearing in front of her.