340

West Mountain Residence. Maple Leaf Study Room.

Elder Kim's assistant handed him his phone, "Chairman look, it's a phone call from the CEO of Manoban Entertainment..."

"Pass it here," Elder Kim put down the perfume sample in his hands and received the phone from his assistant. He then gestured for him to leave.

The assistant respectfully turned to leave. Afterwards, Elder Kim lifted the phone to his ear and answered with a deep and aged voice.

"Elder Kim, how are you?" Lisa's voice was deep and intimidating.

"So, you are the man that my granddaughter is dating?" Elder Kim jumped straight into the main question.

"I am Lisa," Lisa greeted without being humble nor pushy. In terms of power, neither of them seemed to hold the upper hand. Although Elder Kim was older and wiser, Lisa was stable and unpredictable.

"Hmmph, how could there be true love in a dirty place like the entertainment industry?"

Lisa gave a gentle laugh, not taking Elder Kim's discrimination to heart. He then asked, "I asked someone to send a gift to your home. I wonder if Elder Kim received it?"

"What gift?"

"I sent a gift regarding mine and Jennie's marriage. But, not long after, a rumor started that I was to marry the heiress from the Jeon Family..."

"What are you trying to say?" Elder Kim asked coldly.

"The Jeon Family and Kim Family seem to be on good terms. I previously had a misunderstanding with Miss Jeon, so if this has caused you to misunderstand me, I can explain myself. There's no need for you to start a false rumor to hurt Jennie," Lisa said in an even colder voice. "You have the right to ignore Jennie and pretend she doesn't exist, but you can't stop me from treating her well."

Lisa's words were well planned out like an art form.

Firstly, he let Elder Kim know a gift was delivered, then he let him know a rumor was started. Lastly, he hinted that because the Kim Family and Jeon Family shared information, this incident was bound to be related to them."

"Rascal, do you know how to respect your elders?" Elder Kim had never been questioned in this way.

"If I have offended you in any way, please excuse me. But, if you don't want to acknowledge the existence of your granddaughter, you can hand her over to me." After speaking, Lisa hung up the phone.

Elder Kim was a little stunned. He immediately called his assistant into the room, "Make a phone call home immediately and ask if Manoban Entertainment has sent any gifts over. Also, compile all of the latest news about Jenniw. Quick!"

10 minutes later, the assistant returned to the study room and said, "The housekeeper said a box had arrived but the Big Miss opened it. Also, here's the news on Miss Jennie."

Elder Kim opened the newspaper and looked at the judgment placed on his granddaughter. He was so angry he slammed his hands on the table, "How dare these people talk rubbish about my granddaughter! Plus, my granddaughter is capable of everything, how could they compare her to the useless Miss Jeon?"

"Chairman, control your anger!"

Elder Kim took a deep breath and calmed down, "According to the rascal with the surname Manoban, the person who rumored that he was getting married to Miss Jeon is someone from the Kim Family."

"Chairman, could he have made a mistake?"

Elder Kim shook his head, "That rascal rules over an entire industry, how could he make a mistake? Since he said the Kim Family did it, he must have looked into it. Plus, couldn't you tell he deliberately called to report the issue? He is obviously hinting that this isn't the first time the Kim Family has done something like this to Jennie."