353

Inside the luxurious Kim Family home, the lights were brightly lit.

Elder Kim's condition had stabilized, so he was sent home. To please him, the entire family had gathered at the hospital to pick him up.

"Grandfather, it's getting late, I'll help you to your room," Nancy and her husband said as they supported him.

"Grandfather..." Taehyung jumped in.

"Taehyung, grandfather's not feeling well. Don't anger him with your nonsense. Learn how to act accordingly," Nancy stopped him. On the surface, she appeared to be acting considerate towards Elder Kim's condition. But in reality, she was merely preventing Taehyung from mentioning Jennie's accident.

However, Elder Kim wasn't easy to fool. So, he stood up straight and said, "Taehyung, speak. Grandfather will listen."

Taehyung took a quick glance at Nancy. Manoban Entertainment had not yet made any official announcements and he didn't actually know the truth. So, he decided to wait for the truth before notifying Elder Kim of the incident.

"It's nothing grandfather."

"What do you mean it's nothing?" Mother Kim rushed down the stairs towards Elder Kim, "Father, can you give me some time? I want to chat to you about something."

"Hye Kyo, whatever it is, can we talk about it tomorrow?" Elder Kim asked in a harsh tone.

"Father, if it was something regarding me, I would be indifferent, but, this is an issue related to Jennie. There is no way I can hold it in until tomorrow," Mother Kim approached Elder Kim. "I previously tried to see you at the hospital, but I was stopped by Nancy's people. Since I couldn't see you, I patiently waited at home."

"Go ahead and speak then."

Elder Kim glared at Nancy.

"Jenjen fell while she was filming and we currently don't know if she's dead or alive."

"What?!" Elder Kim was shocked.

"Grandfather, calm down..." Nancy immediately said. "Grandfather, the situation isn't as bad as she says it is. I've already asked someone to look into it. Jennie only suffered a minor injury and is fine."

"Someone? You've never liked the people in the entertainment industry, how did you manage to find out so quickly?" Mother Kim immediately asked. "I also asked someone to look into it. In fact, this someone was from Manoban Entertainment. But, to this point Manoban Entertainmenthas not officially explained the situation and has kept everything confidential. How did you manage to find out?"

"Just because you can't do it, doesn't mean I can't do it."

"When did you start caring about Jennie?" Mother Kim refuted.

"Hye Kyo, since Jennie is fine, I guess it's a blessing in disguise. Once she's out of the hospital, you can go visit her. There's no need to make a fuss about it at home," Elder Kim pretended to be in favor of Nancy. "I understand why you are acting this way. But, since Jennie is fine, let's talk about it later."

After speaking, Elder Kim turned to leave. But, Mother Kim suddenly screamed from behind, "Father, if you cause Jennie to suffer because you want to protect Nancy, then I no longer have any reason to be nice to the Kim Family. I may not be able to find the real reason behind Jennie's fall, but, I'm sure Manoban Entertainment would be able to do it. When that time comes, I hope you can handle it."

This time, Mother Kim turned around first.

An annoyed look appeared on Nancy's face as she said to Elder Kim, "Grandfather, let me help you back to your room."