294

"Plus, I can't step out to counterattack Johnny since it would degrade Lisa's style. Lisa and I are one unit, I can't act like I'm on my own against the jerk."

"So, what can I do? All I can do is trust in him!"

Rosé rubbed her chin and thought for a moment before suddenly saying in an excited tone, "I heard from Jisoo that internally at Star King there is a power struggle happening. The more Johnny does stupid things, the more the Suh family's standing in the agency will be at risk."

"A power struggle means there will be a movement of shares. Rosé, go find out how the shares are currently split."

"You're also interested in seizing Star King?" Rosé asked. "Even though you did quite well this quarter, buying out Star King's shares will be very tiring."

"I just want to understand where they're at. Where has your mind wandered off to?" Jennie looked at Rosé and shook her head. "Perhaps, someday, Lisa will have use for it even though he may not need us to investigate for him."

"Don't underestimate me. In reality, lots of important information started spreading from small channels like myself." After speaking, Rosé stood up from the sofa. After confirming that Jennie didn't need anyone to keep her company, she swiftly left Hyatt Regency; she needed to put her strengths to good use...

...

10am. The super IP drama that was adapted from the web novel, 'Evil Child', was holding its press release.

This web novel that had accumulated a huge following online was to be adapted into one of the most anticipated dramas of the year. It was to be directed by a top local director, produced by Manoban Entertainment's subsidiary company and brought together A-lister actors and actresses.

Lisa's attendance at this press release obviously received as much attention as the author of the story.

As a few of the actors/actresses came from Manoban Entertainment, they couldn't avoid being questioned about Jennie and Lisa. Of course, this all happened for a few hours in the backstage.

Although they were asked questions that were unrelated to the drama or themselves, they still responded calmly, "We trust in President Manoban."

"And do you also trust in your junior sister??"

At this moment, Lisa exited the press release with a few of the drama's important people. His footsteps were deliberately slower than usual; it seemed he wanted to give the reporters time to surround him as he faced them calmly.

Meanwhile, the few people that were walking with him stood to one side and waited for him as they acted serious.

"President Manoban, can you answer the current hot topic question?"

"Which hot topic question?" Lisa wasn't pleased with the reporter's cowardice, so he pushed him to continue.

The questioning reporter analyzed Lisa's expression and realized he had the desire to answer, so he gathered his courage and asked, "The...the question about the love triangle between yourself, Jennie and the heir of Star King."

"I'm afraid I can't give you an answer regarding this, because it's not something I partake in," Lisa said directly into the cameras.

The reporter was stunned for a moment before realizing Lisa's response was a form of clarification, so he took the opportunity to continue, "In that case, how is Jennie doing? What was her reaction when she found out about this matter?"

"She is fine. As for her reaction, she did not have much of a reaction. After all, she's not very familiar with Star King's heir."

Apart from the time he protected Jennie at the awards ceremony, this was the first time he talked about Jennie in the open.

The couple were both not people to give explanations. Even when rumors of their relationship were spreading like wildfire, Lisa did not mention a single word about Jennie. And even when the two people didn't seem to leave each other's side, at least at events like today's, Lisa never mentioned Jennie.

But today, Lisa had finally opened his mouth.

He wanted to let them know that Jennie and Johnny weren't familiar.

This was a clarification in disguise.

He didn't say much, he simply said they weren't familiar.

But, it was enough to draw a clear line between Jennie and Johnny...

"So, you are saying Jennje is completely unaffected?"

"Why should she be affected by something that is unrelated to her?" Lisa asked back.

"Then what about the incident with Jennie meeting Star King's heir in France..."

"Regarding whether they met, Hai Rui will release evidence this afternoon." After speaking, Lisa instructed for security to clear the way as he left the scene.

This was the response Lisa gave to the public as Jennie's manager.

His words seemed to contain multiple meanings: what kind of joke is this and how does it relate to Jennie?; our Jenjen is simply another member of the audience, she has no idea how she ended up 'meeting' with someone; our Jennie and Star King have no relations, please don't drag her onto the same level as them; to be honest, we are also waiting to witness a good show...

Although his response wasn't official, it was consistent with Lisa's approach. Not long after, Lisa's response entered the hottest search rankings.

"Although President Manoban spoke in all seriousness, his real response was obviously, 'Oh, so you guys are talking about my Jennie?'"

"Haha, let's imagine President Manoban's expression as he goes home to deal with Jennie: 'Hubby has taken on all the rumors for you today, how will you thank me?'"

"Since Lisa has denied Jennie and Johnny's relationship, that must mean... Johnny lied?"

"Our Johnny is, after all, a rich heir, why would he release his anger on a sl*tty model. Isn't that degrading himself?"

"What a sl*tty model! She cheated and she won't admit to it."

"Wait a minute, President Manoban said Manoban Entertainment will be releasing evidence. I wonder what evidence it will be."

"I've finally heard news about Jennie from President Manoban's mouth. God, what a rare event. These two are way too low profile..."

"We've already dreamt about it for long enough, when will these two come out and give us a treat? Are they lovers? Please stop being so ambiguous..."

"Just sit and wait for Manoban Entertainment's press conference!"

Online, discussions were still varied. But, after Lisa's response, insults towards Jennie decreased. Everyone was well aware that Lisa had no time for trash talking, let alone creating a story to lie to the masses.

This was definitely something he wouldn't do!

After the press release, Lisa returned to Manoban Entertainment. En route in the car, he gave Minho a phone call, "Contact Star King and tell Johnny to attend this afternoon's press conference."

"If he doesn't come, he will face the consequences!"

"President, what about Jennie? Should we bring her as well?"

"No need," Lisa replied in a stable tone.

Since Jennie said she was disgusted by Johnny, for the sake of his wife's appetite, there was no way he was going to let Johnny appear in front of Jennie again.

"OK, I understand...I will handle it."

Afterwards, Lisa hung up the phone before calling Jisoo.

"Help me make a personal social media account. I need to use it this afternoon," Lisa instructed.

Jisoo was a little surprised; it seemed Lisa was about to make a big move.

Lisa was never one to use social media. For him to suddenly be interested in it, what reason could there be?

He obviously wanted to announce something, or perhaps...reveal something...

"I understand President. I will have it ready by the time the press conference comes around," Jisoo replied swiftly.