394

"Mom...relax, don't be flustered. Don't you trust your daughter and son-in-law?" Jennie comforted. "You simply need to avoid Nancy and try your best not to be schemed against by her."

Hye Kyo took a deep breath and calmed herself down. She then said helplessly, "OK."

"Don't fight with her over anything, she will only use it to drive a wedge between you and the Kim Family. You simply need to treat her like she doesn't exist..."

Hye Kyo had already experienced this, "The only reason I am carrying the family on my shoulders, is so I can protect you, my daughter. Jenjen, don't worry, mom won't be a push-over like she was in the past."

"Mom...I know."

Jennie then chuckled, deliberately trying to lighten the mood, "Let me tell you some good news..."

"What good news could you have? You're constantly making others worry by appearing on the headlines."

Jennie held onto her stomach and announced gently, "You're about to become a grandmother."

Hye Kyo froze for a moment. Thinking she must have misheard, she quickly asked, "What did you just say?"

"I said, you're about to become a grandmother..." Jennie repeated patiently.

"But...didn't they say..."

"I will explain everything to you later. But, keep it a secret for now..." Jennie instructed. "OK mom, it's time for me to get some rest. I'll explain everything to you in detail next time we meet."

"OK, take care of yourself when you film. Don't tire out my grandchild," Hye Kyo quickly added before Jennie hung up.

Jennie smiled as she ended the call and turned to look at Lisa. He was currently holding a glass of warm milk. "Since Nancy has returned to the Kim Family with a motive and plan, her next step is definitely to go against my mother."

"Don't worry, no one will fall for her trick," Lisa handed the glass of milk to Jennie, gesturing for her to quickly drink it and go to sleep.

Jennie looked at Lisa with trust. It seemed, with this man by her side, she didn't need to worry about anything.

Afterwards, the couple headed to bed. Jennie restlessly moved around adjusting her position, unable to fall asleep. Her movement began to make Lisa hot and bothered, but she had absolutely no idea until Lisa finally whispered in her ear, "Stop moving."

"Huh?" Jennie tilted her head and looked at Lisa.

"You keep rubbing yourself up against an 'abstaining' man. Have you not considered my feelings?" Lisa held Jennie still, gesturing for her to behave.

Jennie understood Lisa's hint and quickly froze, "Why don't we sleep separately then."

"No need. You just need to stop moving around," Lisa hugged Jennie and tried his best to suppress his desires.

"What do you plan to do in the coming months?" Jennie asked Lisa worriedly.

Lisa did not respond as he forced his eyes shut. He had never been a lustful person; it was only with Jennie that he felt this way.

Jennie did not say another word as she peacefully buried herself in Lisa's embrace. After a little while, she finally fell asleep.

Lisa found it hard to fall asleep. All he could do was release Jennie from his arms and head into the bathroom for a cold shower. However, after he returned to the bed, he was worried the temperature of his body would make Jennie cold, so he sat quietly beside the bed and admired his wife's sleeping expression...