391

Jisoo obediently went to investigate the hospital as per Lisa's orders. But of course, he could no longer appear personally. So he arranged for a clever paparazzi to familiarize himself with all the doctors in the obstetrics and gynecology unit and then picked a target for him to get close to.

The paparazzi found out through a nurse, the name of the doctor that examined Jennie and the names of all the medical staff involved.

But, to find out the ultimate motive, they needed to be patient. So, Jisoo asked the paparazzi to continue maintaining a good relationship with the nurse and to take note of the doctor's next move.

...

Late into the night, Jennie finally completed a full body checkup requested by Doctor Fu.

Lisa then accompanied Jennie home. While Song Yanshu drove, Lisa knelt before Jennie and placed a gentle kiss on her stomach, "I can finally be a father."

Jennie smiled as she looked at Lisa. Her movements were careful, afraid she'd hurt their precious child, "Yes, President Manoban, you are finally going to be a father."

"From this point onwards, you're not allowed to do anything."

"But, have you forgotten that I still need to finish filming?" Jennie reminded.

Lisa furrowed his brows and sat down beside her as he wrapped his arms around her body.

Jennie understood what he was worried about, so she tried to comfort him, "I've spoken to the doctor. She said, as long as I'm careful, I can continue filming. Anyway, most of the dangerous scenes have already finished filming. Following on, we will mainly be filming talking scenes. If there's anything dangerous, I'll handle it with care."

"I simply don't want you to work so hard."

"I won't push myself," Jennie said in a cute but firm tone.

Lisa understood, after a day of drama, the woman in his arms required comforting. So, in the end, he surrendered, "You promised. Don't push yourself."

"I promise," Jennie raised her hand seriously.

"I trust you," Lisa lowered Jennie's hand just as he received a phone call from Jisoo. He subconsciously moved his finger towards the reject button, but, Jennie stopped him, "Don't return his call behind my back. Pick it up here."

Jennie understood that Lisa did not want her to hear about the dirty things that were going on behind-the-scenes, but...after being in the industry for so long, she had long become accustomed to it. So, what else was there to fear?

Lisa looked deeply into Jennie's eyes. Without hesitation, he picked up the phone and answered it.

"President, I have already got the names of everyone involved. According to what we know so far, it was not a simple mistake. They appear to have something else planned. I will continue to take note and report to you as soon as I find out."

"Let me know as soon as possible," Lisa's voice turned cold and dark.

"So, how did the Madam go today?"

"She's pregnant." Perhaps Lisa did not notice, but Jennie definitely saw, as he said the word 'pregnant', the corners of lips subconsciously curved upwards. "But, don't let anyone know about this. We will continue playing along for now."

"I understand, President."

Lisa always enjoyed lurking in the shadows, so this time was no different. Especially when the incident this time, involved both his wife and child! As soon as they found out the culprit...he was not going to go easy on them.