328

Jennie did not force him, she simply gave him a gentle smile.

Within the so-called film and television industry, there were three types of actors: those that could act and were popular, those that could act but weren't popular and those that were popular but couldn't act. The top actor Lin Sheng was obviously the first type, but Jennie could just barely be considered as the third type.

"It's OK, this is his normal temper," the assistant director comforted. He was afraid if Jennie got angry she would complain to Lisa.

Jennie gave a gentle smile and looked towards Director Coque. Director Coque approached her and shook her hand. He then said in French, "I told you, you were destined for this role."

"Could you let me try out one scene so the crew can decide if they want me to stay?" Jennie requested in seriousness.

"There's no need for that."

"I want everyone to be united. The least I want is for the progress and quality of 'Stupid' to not be affected. I also hope for everyone's approval..." Jennie explained calmly.

Coque looked into her eyes. He realized she always put 100% into everything she did. So, he had no choice but to nod in agreement, "Let's head over to the rehearsal studio. Everyone else will join us as well."

"Thank you."

Most of the people in room couldn't understand French. So the only person to truly understand Jennie's intent was Assistant Director He. It was also because of his ability to speak French that Lisa had hired him to help Coque get through his daily life and any language barriers. Although, of course, Coque could have also gotten by with his English.

He couldn't believe that Jennie wanted to try out a scene in front of everyone and let them decide if she could stay. Didn't she know that all the actors present had gone through acting school and were serious actors? How dare she even suggest that?!

However, Jennie did not show the slightest bit of panic. She followed Coque's instruction and headed for the rehearsal studio together.

In order to show Jennie wasn't cheating, he printed out all 183 scenes that Yue Shanshan originally appeared in and numbered them in order. He then asked Jennie to pull a number from a hat.

Everyone gathered excitedly around the rehearsal studio. They all wanted to see how badly a model could destroy a film.

However, Lin Sheng was the only one that was nowhere to be seen.

"To be fair, I'll let you guys pick one out for me," Jennie said to the production crew.

A young script supervisor that stood closest to Jennie, anticipating a good show, immediately stepped up and randomly drew out a piece of scrunched up paper. He then opened it up and showed it to everyone.

"Scene 47."

"Bring me the details of the 47th scene," Coque instructed.

The production crew immediately handed over the details for the 47th scene and played the recording of Yue Shanshan's version. The 47th scene was where the female lead first discovered she was pregnant. On screen, Yue Shanshan huddled up to a sofa while she talked nonsense to her manager. Most notable of all, her expression was a complex mixture of both happy and sad, carrying with it a sense of disdain and ridicule towards the fate she had been given.

In all honesty, it wasn't particularly spectacular; she simply followed what was on the script. But, Yue Shanshan's eyes felt like they could speak.

She managed to portray the female lead's sense of self-ridicule smoothly.

This scene...was extremely difficult.