chapter 1

As another early Saturday morning rolled around, I knew it was time for another hockey game. I enjoyed watching hockey but having to go all of my brothers games was extremely annoying. But me and my brother, cooper, were best friends, except for when his best friend Jack came over, which was a lot. I didn't necessarily hate Jack, but he was annoying. I have every class with him at school. He was kinda dumb, so I always had to help him. But I respected who my brother was friends with.

I rolled out of bed and walked into me and brothers  bathroom to start getting ready. I washed my face, brushed my teeth, did a little makeup, and did my hair in a simple braid before heading back into my room to get a outfit. I put on black leggings and a old hockey sweatshirts of my brothers. After I got my clothes on i went and sat on my bed until Cooper bursted in my room.

"It's game day Ellie" he yelled.

"Yes Cooper it is, now get out" I said shoving him back into the hallway.

"Well get up we're leaving soon we have to get Jack" he said bluntly.

"ugh your kidding me, it's like a 2 hour drive" I said grabbing my bag. Cooper just laughed. "It's not funny" I whispered as we walked into the living room to tell our parents we were ready to leave. Soon after our parents got up and we all headed to the car, it was a colder day in Michigan, but it didn't bother me much.

Cooper threw his bag in the back and got in his seat. We drove for about 20 minutes before we got to Jacks house. i wasn't really in the mood to talk to him. I put my airpods in and turned my music on full blast, hoping Jack would get the hint I didn't wanna talk to him, he was always trying to make conversation with me but i don't know why.

"Heyyy Ellieee" he said as he toppled his way through the other seats so he could sit next to me.

"Hi Jack" I said, then turned my head away. I took one of my airpods out so I could listen to my parents talk and of course a couple seconds later Jack was trying to make conversation with me. Me and Jack haven't ever really been close each other. why did he all of a sudden want to talk to me. Eventually I had dozed off.

When I woke up we were at the hockey arena, Jack and Cooper trampled through the seats and grabbed there bags and ran in the arena and went to the locker room. I went into the back and grabbed the blanket with the boys hockey team on it, and me and my parents headed into arena to watch the boys.

After a long 2 and half hour game, we went in the hallway and took pictures. Me and Cooper were trying to take picture when Jack photo-bombed. i just laughed.

"Funny Jack real funny" I said as I walked out of the photo.

"MOM can Jack PLEASE sleep over" Cooper begged to my mom and of course my mom said yes.

We stopped at Chick-fil-a for some food and then started our journey home. I slept for most of it. But once we got home Jack was quick to wake me up.

"Bro go away" I laughed pushing him away. I mean maybe Jack wasn't so bad after all. Jack, Cooper, and me walked up the stairs to our rooms. I went into mine and shut the door and plopped on my bed. And I started to think, maybe the reason I've never given Jack chance is because I actually like him. No, that's crazy. I got bored and just decided to go to bed.