chapter 4

as i woke up and reached for my phone i had a ton of instagram notifications. i opened the app and saw this.

                                                                   ellieandrews new beginnings @jackhughes

_quinnhughes jack why didn't you tell me about this

cooper.andrews this is cute

load more

"COOPER" i whispered shouted.

"what" he said sleepily.

"why the actual fuck would you post this" i said as i showed my phone to him.

"oh ahah" he laughed and laid back down.

"what's going on" jack said with his sleepy voice.

"nothing, go back to sleep" i said sweetly.

"Ellie, Cooper, what happened" he asked sitting up.

"This" I said showing Jack my phone.

He paused for a little bit before saying "aw we're cute" and smiled. i just rolled my eyes.

"yea you guys are" cooper added making him and jack laugh.

"you guys are annoying im going to make breakfast" i said standing up the boys following behind me. we walked downstairs and cooper went into the living room and jack stayed in the kitchen with me.

"why do you hate the picture so much, i think its cute" he said when he opened instagram to see the photo.

"cause it makes us look like we're dating and we're not" i said flipping the pancakes.

"is that a bad thing, like it looking like we're dating" he questioned.

"i mean i guess not" i turned around.

"so whats the problem" he laughed. "maybe we should try... dating you know"

"jack seriously" i rolled my eyes for what felt like the 100th time this morning.

"what, its worth a shot" he laughed awkwardly.

"you're THE Jack Hughes, the best teen hockey player in the state who has a guaranteed spot on the usntdp and will probably number one in draft picks whos about to date some random girl"

"You're not just some random girl-" i cut him off.

"well im certainly not as important in this state as you" i said as i walked over to him.

"whatever" he said as he put his head in his hands.

"exactly" i started "i'm not saying no. but not right now, we need to like be friends first" i said handing him his plate.

"reasonable" he agreed

"Cooper, breakfast" i yelled.

"yo Jack wanna play 1 on 1 after breakfast, on the pond in the back?"

"yes we haven't played 1 on 1 in a while" he said happily.

"ellie what are you gonna do the rest of the day" coop asked me.

"uh i dont know work on homework or something" I said as I took a bite of my pancake.

"lame" jack yelled as i finished my pancakes and took the plate and fork to the sink. as i walked past him i nudged his shoulder.

"yea whatever you say hughesy" i smiled and walked up to my room.

I heard the boys go out the back out on the pond. I started looking at emails and the school had emailed that school was out the rest of the week cause of the roads. I kept going through emails until my mom called.

'hey mom whats up'

'hey sweetie me and your father have to leave for his buisness trip but we can't stop home cause of the roads, so me and your father will be home late sunday night, dont get in to much trouble' she laughed.

'alright mom love you bye, and have fun!"

'bye sweetie love you too' she said before she hung up. if i could convince Jack to stay for the next couple of days, this could be helpful. i threw some leggings and a sweatshirt on and ran outside by the boys.

"cooper, jack" i yelled.

"whats up" jack stopped playing.

"schools canceled the rest of the week, so sleepover the next couple nights" i asked to the boys making cooper laugh.

"works for me, sleepover for the next 3 nights with my two favorite people" cooper said happily. "but i'm not third wheeling again, i get to snuggle with jack tonight" he said giving me a evil look.

"yea ok whatever you say coop" i said as i walked back into the house and went upstairs to re-start on my homework. i heard the boys come back in and again heard my door open again. "jack i swear" i said as i turned there he stood smiling.

"jack" i said making eye contact with him. before he said anything he came over and tackled me.

"jack" i laughed. "get the fuck off me" i smiled.

"why you know you love me andrews" he laughed.

"mmm even if i did that doesn't mean i wanna be tackled" i said pushing him back.

"ok real talk" i said sitting up.

"hit me with it" he said throwing his arms back.

" you've never had a conversation with me and we've know eachother for so long so why do you all of sudden 'have' feelings for me" i asked.

"well, if i'm gonna be honest, i've always had feelings for you, i just knew you would never feel the same so i never talked to you, if that make sense" he replied.

"oh.. ok" i paused making there be awkward silence. "what movie do you wanna watch" i asked breaking the silence.

"um i don't, i just wanna sleep" he said hugging me and laying us back on the bed.

"ok" i said resting my head on his chest.

"Hey Ellie" he started to ask. "yea jack"

"ok so ugh... so i know we have been trying to get closer and stuff but i really really like you and i just want you to be my girlfriend" he said all in one breath.

"jack..i would love to be your girlfriend" i said smiling on the outside, screaming on the inside.

it was only late afternoon so we basically just watched movies for a couple hours until it was time for dinner.