chapter 24

christmas, easter, and more fun events had passed and it was now summer, only had 2 more months to spend with my family and friends.

i was out by our pool laying on a beach chair. i was in a blue swimsuit trying to catch some rays when i heard a car door slam in our driveway, i thought maybe my dad was home from work, my mom was in minnesota for a work conference. but to my suprise it was ava with her pool bag.

"heyy girl, the 2 months together before you leave starts now" she smiled and jumped in the pool. "come on get in"

"ava, i need to tan before i get in" i said lowering my sunglasses. "should i call the boys? there at coles house" i suggested.

"yess yes yes" ava smiled.

i picked up my phone and called jack.

"jackkk" i said as he answered.
"yes?"
"it's hot out and avas over and ava misses cooper so you and cooper should come over" i said.
"and what does that have to do with me" he said blankly.
"ugh fine, i guess i miss you" i said and laughed.
"ok me and coop will be over soon, is it ok if we bring the other boys there just dying of heat" jack laughed.
"yea that's all right see you soon babe love you"
"i love you too see you soon" he said before hanging up.

"ok the boys are on there way" i smiled at my best friend. a little while later i heard the car doors slam but i stayed where i was. cooper alex and cole all jumped in right away but jack came and sat by me.

"are you going in, or are you just gonna sit here?" he said as he stared at me.

"stop staring at me" i laughed.

"you're just so pretty" he said grabbing me and throwing me in the pool.

"jack hughes im going to kill you" i yelled and everyone laughed then he jumped in too.

"kill him" cole laughed.

we played volleyball for a little bit and played chicken. and then my dad came home.

"tommm" all the boys yelled. everyone seemed to love my dad, probably because he loved everyone. and he was the best hockey coach.

"well hello everybody great to see you all" he smiled at us. he talked to the boys for a little bit before going inside to make us food. everyone slowly got out of the pool, and ava wanted to braid my hair.

"el can you do that my hair" jack said like a girl and sat beside me.

"actually i can hughes, sit on that chair" i pointed to the one infront of me and i braided the little bit of his hair i could.

"aww how cute" i said sarcastically when i finished brading his hair.

we all collectively decided they would sleepover, and dad was fine with it so it was perfect. we were all sitting on the couch downstairs with our swimsuits still on. the boys were playing video games and me and ava were watching them. jack and cooper ironically died at the same time so they came and sat by us.

"whatca buying" he peeked at my phone.

"just some stuff for college" i frowned at the thought of having to leave all these idiots except alex. but cleary jack realized my mood and spoke up.

"hey we still have 2 months together and then we're gonna do long distance, it's gonna be alright i will always promise you that" he said i as dropped my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around me. we watched the others play the game until my dad brought us pizza down.

"TOM my man, thanks" cole said side hugging my dad, my dad just laughed at him.

"all of your parents are coming over in a little bit for a bbq so don't eat too much pizza" my dad said shutting the movie room door and walking upstairs.

"we haven't had a neighborhood bbq since the summer before freshmen year" cole smiled. look at how the time flew. i was now dating the guy of my dreams, ava moved back and soon i was going to be a freshman in college with one of my bestfriends. i just smiled at the thought of how much my life has changed in the best way possible.
-
it was now later in the night and we all put on clothes and walked upstairs to get some burgers.
we walked out the back sliding door and we're greeted by all our parents.

"ellie my girl, how you been" jacks mom greeted me.

we all made small talk until it was time to eat. coles mom caught the perfect picture of all us.

 coles mom caught the perfect picture of all us

ellieandrews: 2 months.
tagged: jhughes avawilliams coopandrews alexturcotte colecaulfield