chapter 31

we pulled into the airport parking lot and i couldn't help but cry. i pulled myself together and walked into the boys gate, i was also leaving canada today but not till way later but i'd figured i'd sit at the airport anyway. they were all going home for 1-2 weeks before going to training with their teams.
the boys were all waiting for me and ava. "hey guys" cooper said trying to wipe the frowns off our faces.

"alex, thanks for everything and always making me laugh, i'll see ya soon. LA will be so fun for you, lots of hot blondes, let me know if you pick one up" i sniffled and laughed.

"i'll miss you ellie, probably the most, and know there's always a home here if you need it" he gave me a huge hug and i walked over to cole.

"cole my best friend ever, your a amazing person and player, i know your hard on your self, don't be, love you man, montreal is gonna be a blast. come and visit soon please" i hugged him.

"love you ellie, you've become a sister to me and i couldn't thank you enough for any of it, i'll miss you" he said releasing from the hug. i patted him on the shoulder and walked to cooper.

"oh cooper, my bestfriend since i was 5, i'll be at all your games, love you most brother, do good" i hugged my brother for a good 5 minutes. then i walked over to the person i was dreading saying goodbye to most.

i couldn't even walk up to him without crying. he just grabbed me and hugged me.

"ellie andrews, i love you more then words can ever say, i don't know what the actual fuck i'm gonna without you, but as i always promised we're gonna make it work, i love you so much" he kissed my cheek.

"i love you too, a lot, god what am i gonna do." i cried into his shoulder. the boys boarded there flight and i walked to my gate to sit there for the next 2 hours before i got to board mine. i pretty much cried the whole way home, until i got back to apartment building and saw a empty apartment across from mine.

the boys had decided to move out so now it was just me in this lonely old apartment building. no more movie nights or anything with them. i walked into my fridge and grabbed some water and sat on my couch and turned on a movie and started school.

i drifted off shortly after.
-
i woke up the next morning to the sun beaming right on my face, i reached over and grabbed my phone.

5 missed calls from jack❤️

"fuck" i groaned and called him back.

"hey" he picked up.

"i'm so sorry, i was so tired, i pretty much cried the whole night" i rambled.

"it's ok babe, games start in like 2 weeks, any chance you'll be able to make it to the first one, it's a home game" he sighed.

"umm, i'll let you as soon as i find out" i got up and walked to the pantry to grab waffle mix.

"well it's against the ducks, so you can see cooper, if that helps" i could tell he was smiling. "fuck i gotta go ellie, i'll call you soon love you" he said hanging up.

i had a idea up my sleeve, i booked my flight and texted jack back.

jack❤️

iwon't be able to make it.
finals🥲

it's good, we'll work something out.

he was gonna get a real surprise in 2 weeks. i threw on a hoodie and sweats and headed out of my apartment to go to barnes and noble so i could pick out a book for a assignment. i walked in and went to the book section i think i'd be most interested in.

"this one's a good one" a blonde girl spoke from beside me handing me a book that read romeo and juliet across the front. i didn't know much about the book, but i took it anyway and decided i would use it.

"your a life saver" i said continuing to look at books.

"you from around here?" she asked sorting through the books, must be a worker.

"um no im from michigan, i go to FSU" i smiled.

"you look really familiar" she looked at me with a questioning look on her face.

"well i'm guessing you know a little bit about hockey" i said looking down at her sweatshirt that said florida state 18u hockey.

"yea, me and my dad are big fans and my brother plays" she replied.

"ah well im ellie andrews" i stuck out my hand.

"no way, cooper andrews sister, jack hughes girl friend and cole and alex's best friend" she laughed.

"hahaa yea i guess you could say that" i laughed with her.

"that's so cool, we'll i'm emma adams" she replied.

"here's my snapchat, if you wanna hang out sometime, since you know cooper and alex moved away" i said showing my phone.

"omg thanks" she added me.

"yea i'll see you around emma" i smiled and walked out of the store. jack should be done with practice by now.

"jack omg" i said as he answered.

"what's up" he said excitedly.

"well, i just made friends with a girl and she seems like the perfect girl for alex, just thought i'd let you know" i said as i walked back into my apartment.

"that's amazing ellie, god i wish you didn't have finals ugh i miss you so much" jack said.

"i wanna go to jersey so bad" i pleaded.

"i want you to come here" he said. "well E it's late and i'm a little sleepy so i'm gonna call it a night, i'll see you in a month or something" he said i just smiled at him and hung up.