chapter 28

i woke up the next morning to the boys asleep next to me, i got up off the couch and got ready for the day. i was bored so i decided to call jack.

"heyyy" i said as he answered.

"hey ellie" he replied yawning. we talked about the draft and that it was only 26 days until we got to see each other. he had to go to optional practice so he hung up, and i looked our calendar app and it didn't say anything about hockey practice, i decided not
to over think it, maybe him and cole set something up. so i cleaned my apartment, well i cleaned everything except the couch because the boys wouldn't wake up. finally at around 10:30 they woke up.

"nice of you guys to wake up" i said as they stretched and yawned.

"oh sorry ellie, we were gonna go back to our place but we were to lazy" alex said and cooper started to laugh.

"it's fine, i'll make you guys breakfast" i said. the boys left to go get ready and i started to make them waffles. i turned on some taylor swift. the boys walked back in and sat down at the island waiting for there food. i handed them there plates and i grabbed mine and went to sit down by them.

"so boys, what's our plan for today" i asked.

"ummm, we could go to the beach" cooper shrugged.

"eh yea sure" alex added.

"why don't we go hiking" i smiled.

"what's with you and hiking" cooper rolled his eyes. "plus we have to be back b-" alex slapped cooper before he could finish his sentence. "before dinner obviously" cooper smiled awkwardly, i just laughed.

"well, since school hasn't really started yet, there's no football games and no parties really, so hiking and going to the beach are our only options" i replied.

"she has a point" alex added pointing at me. "but i say we go to the beach"

"whatever i guess we can" i got up and walked into my room and threw together a beach bag. when i walked back out i was met with alex and cooper giggling, waiting for me. the beach wasn't far so we just walked.

"ugh, i love florida" i said walking onto the sand.

"i don't, i wish i woulda stayed in michigan" cooper replied.

"what the fuck why" i asked setting my bag down on the sand.

"cause we've lived our whole life there, ava cole jack mom dad and pretty much our whole family is there, i just wish i wouldn't have left it behind so fast" cooper said laying down on the sand.

"yea" i replied frowning, cooper did have a point. i started to tan while the boys went in the water before jack called.

"hey babe" he said as i answered.

"heyy" i replied.

"soo i have some exciting news" he smirked, i just lifted my eyebrows to indicate that i wanted to know.
"well im flying out in a week, my professer is letting me off early so i have some time to 'prepare' for the draft oh and ava is coming in like 3 days or something, don't tell cooper though" he smiled.

"jack omg this is the best news i've heard in forever, god only a week, ah i'm so excited to see you" i smiled big. he was acting kinda weird all day but i didn't think to much about it, he was probably just nervous about the draft, we started to talk before alex and cooper came back and grabbed my phone to talk to talk to jack in private. weird.
-
it was now later in the night, we had just gotten back from the beach around a 2 hours ago, i showered and threw on some sweatshorts and a oversized tee shirt and started to cook myself some mac and cheese.